Mexico vs Croatia

Bris Vegas

The biggest game today surely? Winner takes all (well actually a draw will put Mexico through)

It's a 2:00pm Kick-off for us, which means the beers are aready in and it's only 9.40am.

Predictions?

Mexico 1-1 Croatia 

Mandzukic 26, Peralta 57

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame either Croatia or Mexico have to leave at this stage, as I'm pretty sure both would have easily come second in most of the other groups.

I'm going to be annoyed watching teams like Algeria, Nigeria, Switzerland and the runner-up of group C in the second phase when Mexico and Croatia have both played better.

I'm just hoping Mexico give it a good go. Would hate for us to try and play for a draw and then lose it, would much rather see us attack and get men forward - similar to how we palyed against Brazil.

I've been really impressed with Croatia, you've got to fancy them.

2-0 Croats.

Surprised you think that buddy, not only have Mexcio played well but they only need a draw.

I'd definitely put Mexico as favourites to go through, and I'm pretty sure most bookies would too. Best case scenario would be a draw and Cameroon to beat Brazil which would then see us both go through.

Not going to happen though!

Surprised you think that buddy, not only have Mexcio played well but they only need a draw.

I'd definitely put Mexico as favourites to go through, and I'm pretty sure most bookies would too. Best case scenario would be a draw and Cameroon to beat Brazil which would then see us both go through.

Not going to happen though!

No, unfortunately not. It would shake things up though.

It's only from what I've seen, I must admit I missed Mexico's first game, but despite the draw, I wasn't that impressed with them against Brazil. On another day.... yada yada yada.

Croatia have really impressed me, It will be an interesting one. Definitely the game of the day, as you say. 

The beauty is there is technically no draw. Mexico start in the lead. If Croatia score they win, if Mexico pull one back, they win...

Never really thought about it like that.

Nice analogy.

Bookies say Mexico are favs to progress at 2/5 and Croatia at 2/1. Only an hour and a half away, I can't wait.

I'm worried when Mexico play around with it at the back - they're not Barcelona and they don't fill me with confidence.

Seems like a game at 100mph with both teams adopting a high pressing tactic. Mexico have goals in them against Croatia's back four but the final pass has been lacking.

Bit like Rooneys against Uruguay

Except Rooney's header was from 2 yards yet Herrera's shot was from 25 yards.

Both were extremely fine margins though.

This Mexican team can go far, we've got a decent defence and we're lightening quick going forward.

Holland watch out!

Archived