Derby play Rangers at the iPro

Suppose ya entitled to ya opinion Lamechop

But did ya know that "BIG JOCK KNEW" ................ If you did know ?? Do YOU accept that Celtic should have tried to cover up the paedophilia abuse At the bhoys youth football club ???

And can you confirm That it has now ceased ?

And would you prefere Scotlands shame at the ipro singing songs promoting the IRA ?

Mate I get where your coming from but this is a game between us and derby leave that lot from the east end out of it,some will want to play Celtic...who cares.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on your forum looking for information about tickets for this game. I have been reading a lot of the posts about sectarianism, in Scotland laws are in place to stop sectarian singing it is working but very slowly. There is no law in England about this. We will be very loud throughout the game win lose or draw. And if you look back over the past year we have played two friendly games in England, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday, both games rangers fans were praised by the opposition fans and by police. I would expect at least 10-15 thousand rangers fans to be in the stadium. The only thing you guys need to worry about is a "Scottish second division side beating top English championship side" 1f1ec-1f1e7

"There is no law in England about this"

Right, so that gives you free reign to sing your bile and bigoted array of songs does it? You truly are scum and I’m truly disappointed that my club, for the sake of few quid, have invited you down

Furthermore, it’s even more disappointing that Rush and his Board have elected to politicise this club. It’s only a few years ago that this scum allowed a Catholic to play for them! Wake up to whats happening here!

Part of DCFC has died for me over this.

I get where ya coming from brother Watp I suppose the soap dodgers will Bang on forever more with there agenda. We make friends in England .There jelously is all too evident.. Bouncy bouncy Were coming where coming GSTQ....

Right, so that gives you free reign to sing your bile and bigoted array of songs does it? You truly are scum and I’m truly disappointed that my club, for the sake of few quid, have invited you down

Furthermore, it’s even more disappointing that Rush and his Board have elected to politicise this club. It’s only a few years ago that this scum allowed a Catholic to play for them! Wake up to whats happening here!

And a what part did I say that we will sing "bile and bigoted array of songs" or anything like that, please point that out? You should listen to your fans on this forum, if you don't like the idea of this friendly don't go or take it up with the club.  Why shouldn't your club try make some money? So would you rather play a English league one or two side, have an empty stadium or play a game against either one of the old firm and have a crowd of 25k +?

Really !!!!

I would think people would have more issues with us playing Zenit that Rangers.

Massive over reaction to this... 

To be honest (and I might be wrong as it was a while ago), I don't remember much if any sectarian songs at the TM game..

I however live very near Brentford and know many people who regretted going to the Celtic game for a number of reasons. 

They won't ever forgive that day and many who had leanings towards Celtic before, now have a very different opinion.

Just out of curiosity, what is happening here that is so bad? I thought that we were just playing a football match. Is it a Catholic thing for you?

I think the first Catholic played for Rangers about 25 years ago, before many on this forum were born.

What is it about Rangers that distresses you so much? Is it about a few silly songs, because I can reel off equally bad stuff that our supporters have sung? Is it about financial shenanigans, because we are not spotless in that department either, or is it that they promoted the wrong fairy tale religion? As I said, just curious for the reasons behind your comments.

You are a bit wide of the mark there and your post has no factual content.

What exactly do you claim to be "Bile and Bigoted array of songs"

As for saying that Rangers only recently allowed Roman Catholics to play for them,  Jesus wept !

it seems you have swallowed the lies hook lie and sinker,

Rangers Football club signed Roman Catholic players before Celtic were even formed and continued to sign Roman catholic players throughout our history.

Catholics who signed for Rangers before Johnston include, before the end of World War I: Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Thereafter, Catholic players prior to Mo Johnston's signing include: Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992) (Bill Murray, The Old Firm – Sectarianism, Sport and Society in Scotland (John Donald Publishers, 1984) pp 64–5 

Sectarianism was introduced into Scottish Football in 1888,  with the formation of a club which catered for one side of the population,  At their formation they only allowed RC players and attracted all the Roman Catholic fans. They had links to the IRA from their formation and the person who laid the first sod of turf at their purpose built stadium was an IRA man on the run from Police in Ireland.

Rangers have had numerous RC players,  RC Captains and a RC manager.

I hope the above facts help you understand the truth.

All this over a game of football. And don't tell me it's more than football because it fookin aint. It's a game of football. And not even an important one, a pre-season sodding friendly.

Football and politics shouldn't ever mix.

Good luck to Derby County for next season and I wish you all well.

I don't really have a favourite English team as such as I only really care for Rangers.

But I did have a bit of a fondness for DC in the 70s when they had a terrific team and terrific players like Kevin Hector, Bruce Rioch, Franny Lee, Charlie George, Peter Daniel and Archie Gemmill.

Don't let the Bheasts from Celtic spoil your forum,  their hatred of Rangers is only surpassed by their hatred of the British State and the Armed Forces,  These are the same fans who chanted Argentina during the Falklands conflict and who celebrate the murder of British soldiers by cowards.

Rule Britannia

Archived