Brazil v Croatia

-JW-

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's really both footed...... vintage ITV commentary.

Townsend was on fire today.  Called Oscars goal a "toe-ender that the keeper should have saved" and in the next breath was praising the goal as a "clever shot".......pick a side Townsend!

Referee Yuichi Nishimura ( whom had an appalling game )   is known for being biased  and also being centre of attention ..so it came has no surprise that he had to be the first to use the VANISHING SPRAY ....imo  im sure he sprayed it in his eyes especially how he made it look so obvious that he wasn't going to give Croatia anything

What's with this vanishing spray thing as if it's some kind of genius new invention. We've been using it here in Mexico for years, and it's such an obvious tool to use to help the game progress.

Ridiculous that it has never been used in Europe previously.

Cannot agree with your last 2 paragraphs at all.

Totally agree never a penalty, ref sees it once, we see it a hundred times over different angles. To suggest one dubious penalty is because FIFA said so is wrong in my own opinion.

With the Brazilian proverty and so many in dire need of government funding for food and shelter, FIFA absolutely need Brazil to go very far in this tournament to justify all the money spent on stadiums, planning and trnasportation etc..

If Brazil crash out in the groups, the rioting going on now will increase tenfold.

Trust me, it's not going to be blatant favouring of Brazil, but they will get the majority of the decisions and I have no doubts that FIFA will be praying for them to do well.

What's with this vanishing spray thing as if it's some kind of genius new invention. We've been using it here in Mexico for years, and it's such an obvious tool to use to help the game progress.

Ridiculous that it has never been used in Europe previously.

It's been used for the last couple of years over here in Korea as well.

A referee in a match of this magnitude should be competent enough to be able to get that decision correct. He has to be 100% certain that it was a penalty.

Obviously he was 100% certain. People get things right and wrong!

With the Brazilian proverty and so many in dire need of government funding for food and shelter, FIFA absolutely need Brazil to go very far in this tournament to justify all the money spent on stadiums, planning and trnasportation etc..

If Brazil crash out in the groups, the rioting going on now will increase tenfold.

Trust me, it's not going to be blatant favouring of Brazil, but they will get the majority of the decisions and I have no doubts that FIFA will be praying for them to do well.

agree with you that FIFA would need them to do well.

But I would of thought FIFA would have wanted South Africa to do well also seeing as there is plenty of very poor areas and can be a very political hotbed there too.

It's the World Cup. Dodgy referee decisions and players cheating and conning are all part of the tapestry.

From Schumacher pole axing Battitson to Maradona's hand of god to Owen conning the ref for penalties not once but twice against Argentina to tonight's debacle, iffy decisions have been going on for decades.

The sad thing is that Fred's only, and I really mean only, contribution in the whole game was to fall over and single handedly change the outcome of a game that had died on its feet.

So the moral of the story is.......

100 per cent nailed on post! Fred cheated, but all the questions are about the referee, not the player, who is lauded as an hero....

Obviously he was 100% certain. People get things right and wrong!

There are so many things wrong with the decision. And a lot of decisions. Did you know that he gave 5 free kicks against Brazil for fouls? 5. I saw more than that in the 2nd half alone.

There are so many things wrong with the decision. And a lot of decisions. Did you know that he gave 5 free kicks against Brazil for fouls? 5. I saw more than that in the 2nd half alone.

That's your take on it, another referee may have given more, another less. I just find it frustrating as a ex ref myself, that his conduct is questioned when intact the person whose conduct SHOULD be questioned is Fred's....

Instead it's all about the referee whereas Fred will probably carry on into the next game as if nothing has happened.

The Japanese official will be lucky to get one more group game before being sent home....

Archived