Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hope he doesn't go. If he does it has to be for £3 million plus. If that buy-out clause is true then I'd be fuming. If he does go for £3 million plus we should sign Lewis Baker and John Swift, either loan or permanent.

Good luck at Sheffield United in a few months Craig.

Yup, if it's him then I'll put money on that he won't be a starter for Burnley, squad player at best. Going to be fun for him watching them get tonked by Chelsea, arsenal and co week in week out sat on the bench. I understand at his age though he wants prem football and wages, problem is it's only going to last a season! Back to where he started soon with less football to show for it! gutted if he leaves

Interesting reading the debate surrounding Bryson and whether we would be worse of selling him...

IMO, although he's a good player, I don't think he'd be as big a loss as people are making out. I reckon Hendrick and Hughes could do a great job in there... remember, they're both very young mid fielders and will be a year older and a year more experienced than they were this time last season. They both proved they could run the midfield in the play offs, and this was against some very good players.

Yes, Bryson scored lots of goals last season but there would be no reason to think Hendrick or Hughes couldn't do the same this season... also, and I'm not sure if this is a valid argument, looking through the games where he scored, the team often scored lots of goals which leads me to think that either Bryson was the driving force behind the performance or the team were playing well and/or against a poor defence. 

For me, and looking through the other posts on here this is the same for others, this would all come down to how much we got for him. IF the 750k release clause is to be believed it would possibly be the worst deal the club has ever made. On the other hand, if he is sold for more than 2-3 mil, I'd say it was a fair deal and that we would then be able to bring in someone equally as good and possibly a new right back for that money.

Lets see what Rush/Evans do here...

got a horrible feeling that release clause is true and we've just let our 16 goal player of the season leave for £750k. . . I feel slightly sick

If this was true then a few teams would be lining up for him.

I don't think him going will affect us too much.

I was not a big fan of hendrick at all, but under mclaren and his tactics he has been one of our best players in the closing months of the season.

I also think bryson is a bit lightweight for the prem and as such he would not start in a DCFC premier team IMO.

It can't be hendrick and hughes instead of bryson as half of you have had stiffies fantasising about selling will hughes.

It'll have to be eustace, hendrick and coutts.

Try knocking one out to that.

got a horrible feeling that release clause is true and we've just let our 16 goal player of the season leave for £750k. . . I feel slightly sick

You do realise it might just be a clause like the one Suarez had at Liverpool whereby, if an offer exceeded a set amount, in this instance 750k, then negotiations have to take place... It's probably not a case of a team literally buying out his contract.

I doubt the club was foolish enough to put such a low, outright buyout clause in his contract. It was probably a case of the player wanting it there in case he ever wanted to move on. 

Am I the only one who thinks that Bryson is just alright.

His 16 goals last season was a great achievement-but I would be really surprised if he did it again next season.

If he wants to go-then let him go and I would be ok if we got 1 million for him and wish him well in the Premiershite.

Am I the only one who thinks that Bryson is just alright.

His 16 goals last season was a great achievement-but I would be really surprised if he did it again next season.

If he wants to go-then let him go and I would be ok if we got 1 million for him and wish him well in the Premiershite.

You're not the only one

Archived