Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

If Bryson wants out, let him. Obviously within reason in terms of price. (not that I believe the poster, I'm just speaking hypothetically)

If Bryson is worth £5million, then what's Thorne worth? It's all a bit silly. I'd honestly find out how much West Brom will accept for Thorne and then that would be the asking price for Bryson.

Given a choice between Thorne and Bryson, it's such a none contest. I guess others will feel different, mind.

Might take all the bryson money for thorne!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm amazed that a player who's won poty twice is now being suggested that he won't be good enough for our first team!!

Madness!

Thorne does not play in the same position as Bryson so how can he replace him.

I'm of course assuming that thorne will play in the same position as last season and not moved forward.

I agree Bryso will not get 16 goals again, but he has been such an important player for us over the last 2 seasons, if he goes he WILL be missed.

My opinion of course :D

I'm amazed that a player who's won poty twice is now being suggested that he won't be good enough for our first team!!

Madness!

Thorne does not play in the same position as Bryson so how can he replace him.

I'm of course assuming that thorne will play in the same position as last season and not moved forward.

I agree Bryso will not get 16 goals again, but he has been such an important player for us over the last 2 seasons, if he goes he WILL be missed.

My opinion of course :D

Dont think people are saying he wont be missed or thorne will replace him just how we use the money if he goes.

What if Jeff or Hughes were injured for a significant length of time? Is Coutts good enough to fill that role in a promotion chasing side?

I want to keep bryson but if he wants o go and we get good money we will replace him I hope. Coutts is a good player so id hope hed play well yes. Dont want to sell bryson though he adds alot

His first tweet after the playoff final was "we'll be back next year" so didn't sound like someone who wanted to leave. Would seem odd to me if he didn't want to be part of what was happening here, even for extra money, in all probability going to a lesser club with lesser long term prospects.

And as pointed out in the McCormack thread, betting odds such as this can change dramatically on the basis of about £300 worth of bets, if that.

I will never understand people quoting betting odds during football transfers.

You know JW better than that!?

I believe Coutts playing through the middle is a much, much better option than Clough throwing him out wide-right.

I remember saying last year, how would Hendrick do if he was constantly played left-mid? 

He's a good footballer, in my opinion, but not a winger. 

Coutts was our best player in the first month before he got injured IMO. His performance's against Brighton and Leicester were outstanding and was very unlucky to get injured when he did.

I remember watching him v Brighton - his time-wasting was superb!

I believe Coutts playing through the middle is a much, much better option than Clough throwing him out wide-right.

I remember saying last year, how would Hendrick do if he was constantly played left-mid? 

He's a good footballer, in my opinion, but not a winger. 

It's not quite that simple though - Coutts being out there gave Brayford license to get forward, knowing that there was a sensible guy sat in front of him who would cover, and he had his best season with us as a result.  Plus Coutts did a decent job of tucking in and making a 3 in midfield at times, meaning we could afford to play with two out and out strikers without getting overrun in midfield.  Do I think Coutts is better through the middle, yes I do.  But were we better as a team with Coutts 'doing a job' out wide, then yes, I probably think that as well.

I think Bryson has been a brilliant player for us - getting this in here early...

buttttt have we seen the best of him? Did he peak last season? Will he repeat last season's performances? 

I'm undecided on the above, I'd be gutted to see him go but none of us can say for sure that he'll have the same impact next season as this... 12 months ago I wouldn't have been too fussed to see him leave so we have to hope that his performances match last seasons.

I think what I'm trying to say is...The Bryson from last season would walk into our team but would the Bryson from the season before last? 

Last season was the first time he added a significant end product to his game which makes me wonder whether we are getting worked up about someone who has had one significant season in the black and white. 

Like I said, I'd like him to stay and do believe he'll be a big part of next season for us if he does. These questions are just my mind playing devils advocate with me!

Archived