Equador v England

froggg

Just seen Sterlings challenge and I can't believe he's been sent off for it!!! Yes it was a little reckless, but, he got the ball, didn't really touch Valencia and they were both running full pelt down the touchline - if that was two players running straight at each other I could see why it was a red card, but they weren't.

He only got sent of because Valencia reacted - what a pr!ck!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a world cup red card though. Guarantee that anybody that slides in like that will get sent off at the world cup. It was dangerous enough that if he had connected with Valencia (who has had his leg snapped in half before), Valencia might've been in serious trouble.

I can see why Valencia was so pissed off, both deserved the red card in my opinion. Shouldn't be making rash challenges like that in a world cup warm up game.

Very harsh lesson for Raheem Sterling, I was gutted for the little fella but that will act as a warning to him and the rest of the squad for the world cup.

No, just avoid opening a thread if you have no interest in future, thanks

Nowt to do with the game, I care about England and the team, but I really didn't care about the red card. So what if it was given/wasn't? It was a decision in a friendly that will have no bearing on either of the players in the World Cup, Sterling's not going to be suspended. Forget it and move on.

Nowt to do with the game, I care about England and the team, but I really didn't care about the red card. So what if it was given/wasn't? It was a decision in a friendly that will have no bearing on either of the players in the World Cup, Sterling's not going to be suspended. Forget it and move on.

It was a world cup red card, a red card at the world cup. In a world cup, it's a red card.

Archived