England v Peru

froggg

England are awful to watch, because they're a reactive team but without the fast counters.

They will set up to defend a 0-0 against Italy and hope for a set piece goal - very much Chelsea esque.

I don't mind it, because if England tried to play active football they'd get crushed because they lack ability. They'll get out of the groups, then get comfortably beat in the next round.

Thought you would be watching Spain v the mighty Bosnia....anyone know how they doing?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the game whole match was boring. 1st 30mins was so **** that the card board flapper things they leave on you seat to hold up during the national anthem, ended up being a mass paper aeroplane challenge to see who could get them to land on the pitch, don't know whether it was seen on tv but loudest cheer of the night was when one hit a Peru player in second half

Thought you would be watching Spain v the mighty Bosnia....anyone know how they doing?

They played Bolivia, won 2-0 but I didn't watch it.

Looking at the starting line-up, it was pretty much a last chance saloon game for the likes of Juan Mata, Santi Cazorla and Fernando Torres.

I don't blame international teams for playing the way they do, as they're stuck with the players and have to do what suits them best.

People can complain about England all they want, but facts are facts that the starting XI doesn't have any style/identity and defending is arguably their biggest strength.

I can all-but guarantee that Italy will dominate England and they will pretty much park the bus. I've got cinema tickets to see it with my friends but I've already told them it's not going to be a classic. I'll be amazed if there is a goal in open play.

I'm going Italy 1-0 England goal from a Pirlo free-kick.

May be boring to watch. But gotta respect good old Roy,not been agraid to try young players ie townsend sterling llalanannannana shaw etc.

The thing that gets me is that this set of players would never play like that for their clubs. Their natural style is to run at the opposition and to chase and harry. In Brazil they won't be able to do that. The 'boring' style is one we will have to get used to throughout the tournament.

While all the other teams zip past us? :-(

Bring back the Italia 90 squad, so much more exciting to watch.

Watching the World Cup is not the same now as it was then, there's just nowt really to get excited about and not much in the way of expectation.

This is our National team who were once great but now are as good as forgotten, what a shame!

That would be my England team, except for Welbeck out for Sterling and maybe Wilshere for Henderson, more depends on who we are playing.

Good to see now that Baines is getting his deserved start we are scoring goals from corners, got a fantastic delivery on him.

My wife is looking at some of the Peruvian message boards about the paper aeroplane. Some of them are getting a bit mardy about it, thinking the whole point of throwing aeroplanes was to try and hit their players.

Seriously. That's more stupid than some of the posters on here (you know who you are).

I've waded in and assured them that if it had hit and England player, the cheer would have been twice as loud. Such is the British sense of humour.

PS Mexican wave went round 4 times unbroken, that's how crap the match was. Nice day out though, wembley is immense.

Archived