Slugs

The horrible things have eaten my african marigolds. What is the point of these things? It's war now i've killed about 50 in the last two days. I think they are ugly and slimey. I've even found them in the house leaving a trail on the carpet. Has anyone else got the same problem?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're out in force tonight again.

I can picture you lying there, staring at the ceiling, listenening to the slugs as they slither about munching your stalks.

How long before you run to the window and shout ' fck off out of my garden you fat bstrds'.

I can picture you lying there, staring at the ceiling, listenening to the slugs as they slither about munching your stalks.

How long before you run to the window and shout ' fck off out of my garden you fat bstrds'.

It's late. Go to sleep Ramnut.

Ps. Grit, go around your outer house perimeter with salt. They won't get far across the border without desolving.

Note:

NO GARDEN PESTS WERE HARMED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS POST.

Ps. Grit, go around your outer house perimeter with salt. They won't get far across the border without desolving.

Note:

NO GARDEN PESTS WERE HARMED DURING THE MAKING OF THIS POST.

tried the salt but it's not very good in this weather.

Someone suggested puting a half pint glass with some beer in the bottom but i want to get rid of them not give them a night out.

Why don't you call a meeting.

Sit them down.

Explain that their behaviour is inappropriate and causing you some distress.

( they may not have realised)

Ask for their comments and suggestions

See if you can agree a mutually acceptable solution

And then .....

stamp on them.

The horrible things have eaten my african marigolds. What is the point of these things? It's war now i've killed about 50 in the last two days. I think they are ugly and slimey. I've even found them in the house leaving a trail on the carpet. Has anyone else got the same problem?

I'm winning my war at the moment so here's few good tips.

- Don't kill them!!! Dead slug is perfect food for other slugs and it makes situation far worse.

- Keep your lawn short and clean (keep nothing there, if not used to collect them)

- And best one: collecting. I paid to my neighbours bit autistic boy (who loves bugs) one cent per slug. He was happy, his parents were happy and I was delighted. In two days he collected about 1000 of those barstewards and after that it's been easier.

This was good reminder to myself too. I think I'll go mowing now.

Archived