Early price ups/Favourites with SkyBet

CumbrianRam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.skybet.com/football/sky-bet-championship

Bit premature but we're favourites to gain promotion and win the league...surely the people at skybet realise 2 very influential players have gone back to their respective clubs whilst a third who scored some very important goals has also departed.

I believe we'll have a good season next year but I'd assume Wigan would be favourites for the title as Rosler had a similar impact as McClaren on them when he arrived. Plus they have a brilliant squad with great DEPTH and no European football to faff around with.

Wigan might have to cut their cloth slightly as they try to not use up all the parachute payments in case they don't get back up.

A lot of its down to the manager ultimately and i'd say we've probably got the best one in the league.

Think it comes down to who we sign hate to say it however we need a better back two. Qpr never looked like letting in a goal on saturday we did a little more. Dont get me wrong its hard to say about people you like but if were going to go for the title we need to tighten up loads at the back. We need to improve in other areas too freekicks and corners need to get better for example. Like I said nothing against the players I was really upset for them on saturday just saying what I think. For me we need about four to five new players even if we keep all the loans.

Far too early to predict anything regarding the relegated teams as Fulham and Cardiff will both have massive overhauls over the summer.

Like some have mentioned I think Wigan will be likely favourites because of the dramatic improvement they made towards the end of 13/14 and not having the burden of Europa games.

I have a feeling Wolves will make a surge for a consecutive promotion because they still have some parachute money left. 

I also have an inkling Ipswich will blossom and push for the play-offs as they have been stagnant for years. Am I right they've not moved out of the Championship for longer than anyone else?

Edit: Just checked and they've been in the Championship since 2003, longer than any other of the current clubs!

I agree with Joe - Wigan and Wolves will be the two to watch for automatic promotion, but neither will be as strong as Leicester and Burnley were. Those two teams were unreal and absolutely relentless. No-one will get more than 90 points this time.

85 points will definitely get auto - maybe even the title next season.

theres a few teams to watch for , of the three coming down can only see Cardiff being there or there abouts ... but one team to watch for Middlesboro

The main reason for boro improving toward the end of last season was due to them signing Omeruo. If he rejoins them next season or if they get someone just as good I'd agree with you. Another season of mid table football is where I see them again.

Next year is definitely a weak year IMO.

So many teams are just staying still, or getting worse.

The only teams I can see improving are Reading, Middlesbrough and Charlton.

Wigan and Brighton will be around the playoffs, Ipswich and Forest around 7th/8th/9th, Bolton, Bournemouth and Blackburn to be midtable fodder, Charlton to improve but not drastically (13th maybe), Watford midtable, Leeds United and Sheff Wednesday lower midtable, Wolves to do OK...

Who am I missing? Oh yes, the three relegated PL teams. One will be playoffs pushing top 2, two more will be midtable fodder.

Seriously, next season is full of bang average teams.

I can see top four being Derby, Reading, Wigan and Cardiff City.

I think Millwall - under Holloway and with a bit of cash - will be dark horses for play-offs.

They finished the season very strongly with fantastic away wins at Derby, Wigan, Middesbrough and Forest plus a draw at QPR.

Holloway knows how to get promoted via the play-offs - Blackpool & Palace.

Archived