A QPR FAN ASKS ….

T-Block

He certainly seems rich enough to pay any FFP fine upon promotion to the Premier League.

Not sure how that would get around any Championship transfer embargo if you fail to get promoted though.

I think we have enough players for the time being, certainly for the Championship. Add Alejandro Faurlin and Matt Phillips for the matchday squad on May 24 (both injured), Tom HItchcock and Petrasso (two very talented youngsters) and we have a competitive squad for next year.

I wonder if we could ask Liverpool for Raheem Sterling back temporarily?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting stats relating to before and after McClaren left QPR and joined Derby….

In the first 9 games this season, QPR were unbeaten winning 7, scoring 10 and conceding a miserly 2 goals.

During the same period, Derby won 3 and lost 4, scoring 14 and conceding 13 goals.

McClaren, of course, was head coach at QPR.

The 10th game for Derby was the incredible 4-4 draw when McClaren gave his famous half-time chat. It was probably the defining moment of this season as Derby stormed back from a 4-1 deficit. QPR also drew their 10th game.

From that time on, the change in fortunes of the two sides is dramatic.

During the last 36 games of the season, QPR won 16 games, lost 12, scored 50 and leaked 42. Their form over that period was sixth-best in the division.

During the same period, Derby won 22 games, lost 7, scored 66 and let in just 35. Our form over that period was second-best in the division, acquiring just 6 points less than Leicester and 3 more than Burnley.

Much has been said (by QPR fans) that Derby have a suspect defence. The statistics over four fifths of the season don't bear that out. It seems arguable that we HAD a suspect defensive system. It seems equally arguable that QPR now are far more shaky at the back since McClaren left.

I feel quite comforted by those stats.

Amusing how one game, and remember yours well (the 4-4) can define a season. Many of us felt tthe 2-2 at yours in our promo season was the defining moment. The only tim,e I have ever left a game early... in the 90th. Wont again

There are those amongst us who feel Schtevee leaving defined the rest of ours, this time out. Not sure just on tactics, but you got the feeling he added some humour to the place... probaly needed if Old Saggy Chops, JJ and Kevin Bond are the other coaches

A DERBY COUNTY FAN ASKS ...

How will you survive financially after you inevitably lose the play off final?

We have a great deal of players out of contract this summer which will lower the wage bill significantly. We will quite possibly suffer, but there are many who feel the best way for QPR to regain its true identity, is to remain in the lower div and rebuild from youth up. Despite all the ridiculous free transfers on high wages and bloated squad, TF and the Mittals come more useful in the huge investment in a new stadium and more importantly training and development ground. Whatever you think of our owners, long term they have the right idea. Short term they made some awful gaffs, giving Mark Hughes free reign over signings etc

If I am honest, I dont think either you or us are very well placed for promotion. Just looking forward to a great day out ( and I think Schtevee doing one over his old boss, who gave a way back into the game) and a chance to appear in the richest game in football at Wembley.

Hope you enjoy it come win or loss. At teh end of the day, i hope neither set of supporters is to full of regret. (I think many would have handled a defeat to Wigan on Monday, solely because the players played like a team and with a good sense of purpose and drive.... sadly missing a lot this season)

Classy reply, and I agree with everything you've said. I'd still be more than happy if we didn't go up and can enjoy another season like this one in the championship. It's been an incredible year.

There is a vocal number on LfW who would gladly take the win at Wembley and hand you the poisoned chalice prize. Oh for a win at Wembley, oh for another season in the championship and get our old club ethos back LOL

In addition, most of us will seriously consider our sanity if we have to put up with another season of very drab and uninspiring football... goodness it has been tough to watch. Leics, Burnley and you lot have been the teams that have regularly entertained

There is a vocal number on LfW who would gladly take the win at Wembley and hand you the poisoned chalice prize. Oh for a win at Wembley, oh for another season in the championship and get our old club ethos back LOL

In addition, most of us will seriously consider our sanity if we have to put up with another season of very drab and uninspiring football... goodness it has been tough to watch. Leics, Burnley and you lot have been the teams that have regularly entertained

I definitely respect the want to rebuild the squad from the ground up and invest in youth. I think watching young hungry players overachieve is always going to be far more entertaining than watching overpaid primadonnas underachieve. I think part of why I've enjoyed Derby's season so much (besides the quality of the football itself) is the underdog nature of it, also the welcome return of McClaren and watching him rebuild his reputation added another level of fairytale charm to it.

For me personally, I'd have been pretty fed up if we'd have spent 100m over the summer - I don't think promotion would have felt especially deserved. Discovering hidden gems like Martin, and watching former non-league players like Buxton thrive are what make the game for me. That said, the Championship's definitely not a league you can buy, and Pearson's done a fantastic job reorganizing the mess at Leicester. I have no idea what point I'm making - I think I just have an inclination to want teams who spend the most to fail.

I definitely respect the want to rebuild the squad from the ground up and invest in youth. I think watching young hungry players overachieve is always going to be far more entertaining than watching overpaid primadonnas underachieve. I think part of why I've enjoyed Derby's season so much (besides the quality of the football itself) is the underdog nature of it, also the welcome return of McClaren and watching him rebuild his reputation added another level of fairytale charm to it.

For me personally, I'd have been pretty fed up if we'd have spent 100m over the summer - I don't think promotion would have felt especially deserved. Discovering hidden gems like Martin, and watching former non-league players like Buxton thrive are what make the game for me. That said, the Championship's definitely not a league you can buy, and Pearson's done a fantastic job reorganizing the mess at Leicester. I have no idea what point I'm making - I think I just have an inclination to want teams who spend the most to fail.

I've no idea what point you're making either but I think I agree with you

Archived