Roadrider to Wembley

davenportram

Kids should be seen and not heard. Well, not strictly true, encourage some excitement, get them into it. But when they're pissing off everybody around you, get a grip.

And stop feeding them junk food, never known kids ***** so much? Phew, the disadvantage of an on board bog.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a terrible head cold, I think I may have shifted it now though.

How is Dav? ;)

Full of a head cold as it goes lol.

Kids should be seen and not heard. Well, not strictly true, encourage some excitement, get them into it. But when they're pissing off everybody around you, get a grip.

And stop feeding them junk food, never known kids ***** so much? Phew, the disadvantage of an on board bog.

You must have been having a kip when the kids were on the floor fookin about when their dad said

'Come on now, calm down a bit. Come here and have some sweets'.

Nice one pops.

You must have been having a kip when the kids were on the floor fookin about when their dad said

'Come on now, calm down a bit. Come here and have some sweets'.

Nice one pops.

thats dads for yer, no idea.

Dad "I'm going to Wembley dear"

Poor mother "You're not leaving me with this bloody kids all day!"

Clueless hubby "No sweat treacle, I'll take them, (moaning bint, how hard can it be)"

Later than evening:

Weekend dad "We're home my lover!"

Once chilled mom "Kids! Stop crawling on the ceiling! It's way past bed time! Oh ffs! What they had?"

550 I'm driving next time if there is or pub for me

yeh thought was around us and 551 felt sorry for people pourin in at 3.10

I think we need an explanation regarding the roadrider. I really do. The more I think about not having anytime before the game to take in the atmosphere and the huge time stuck in the car park after is really winding me up. Still!

I'd like to hear what the club has to say. Forget the hold ups on the motorway, getting fans to turn up early, only for the buses to leave gone 9.

Why didn't they get the buses in and ready for 8.00?

The buses didn't start turning up until about 8.30 I believe.

Never again, i didn't want to stand all the way down on the train and have to fight my way back across London after the end, but fook me, 1hour 45 mins in a car park? I'd have been well on my way home by the time we got going.

Train next time deffo, or a night over.

As far as getting out of Wembley was concerned, I think it was more down to Wembley themselves, rather than DCFC. When we arrived, there were marshals in hi-viz jackets directing the coaches and sorting out the parking. When it came to getting out, not a soul was in sight and it was every coach for themselves. It was basically a question of who had the balls to push in front of the other coaches and risk getting bumped.

Rip off roaring success.

I remember getting to old Trafford and the city ground 90 mins before kick off. It's gone from one extreme to the other. They regular leave for away night matched way to early so it makes you have extra time off work.

Needs sorting.

The biggest thing was the setting off. First come first served would be okay if the coaches were there when they told the fans to be there.

Coming out it didn't help having to drive past an area with a QPR pub and then having to drive around the stadium or infront of it where QPR fans were blocking the roads.

We should have had the other end with the green car park next to the ground, and right next to the road away from the stadium.

Our guy, maybe a steward, asked us before the match to get back 30 mins after the whistle. He obviously wasn't expecting a problem.

Well, other than us actually getting back in 30 mins to the coach.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

Three in the car, drove down to Watford Junction, £7 for the car park, £7.55 for a anytime day return, total cost for three about £60, arrived at JJ Moons about 10.30, In the stadium at 1.00pm.

................ Roadrider around £90 for three, by the sounds of it I made the right choice!

Archived