Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guidetti thinks he is better than the Championship, has a HUGE opinion of himself, I agree that he would be a great signing, probably better than Bamford, but I doubt he'd come to us even if Man City agree.

Never knew he didnt want to come to the champ, thought I read that Bolton and Wigan were after him last month. Thoughts on Duffy?

Yeah i agree GMS would probably be the most likely, dont think we would regret spending 1m on him

If we have that sort of money available it can be better spent -a quality CB for instance. I really don't understand the clamour to get GMS in -based on what? He has a few tricks but also a reputation for being inconsistent. Some have even said he's a 'proven' player - maybe as far as the SPL is concerned but that doesn't necessarily transfer to the Championship so a fee of

Never knew he didnt want to come to the champ, thought I read that Bolton and Wigan were after him last month. Thoughts on Duffy?

I'm not saying we won't get Guidetti but I'm sure I read that he has a very high opinion of himself (Nixon also mentioned it I think). As I said though, has the capacity to put his name on the map because he would destroy the Championship in the right team.

Duffy looked solid in a poor Yeovil side last season. Would not complain if we got him on a season long loan, better than Whitbread as cover I would say, not quite better than Keogh yet, has potential though.

Yes very true, definitely worth a punt tho imo

If we can sign him on a similar fee to Russell then I would definitely take a gamble on him. Him and Russell have proven chemistry from their Dundee United days so he'd probably settle quickly into the squad as well.

If we have that sort of money available it can be better spent -a quality CB for instance. I really don't understand the clamour to get GMS in -based on what? He has a few tricks but also a reputation for being inconsistent. Some have even said he's a 'proven' player - maybe as far as the SPL is concerned but that doesn't necessarily transfer to the Championship so a fee of

They also talked about getting in that know this league well and are experienced at this level as a top priority but we've seen nothing like that yet. I'm sure we'll be hearing more soon.

George Thorne, Zak Whitbread there's 2 with experience of this league, let's not forget we have only lost Winsdom & bamford from last seasons squad.

We can't sign everyone we are linked with we would end up with far too many squad players.

George Thorne, Zak Whitbread there's 2 with experience of this league, let's not forget we have only lost Winsdom & bamford from last seasons squad.

We can't sign everyone we are linked with we would end up with far too many squad players.

Thorne has half a seasons worth of Champ experience. Don't think they meant him when they said that. Whitbread and Naylor I suppose fall into that category though, you're right.

And I'm aware we can't sign everyone, don't worry.

Thorne has half a seasons worth of Champ experience. Don't think they meant him when they said that. Whitbread and Naylor I suppose fall into that category though, you're right.

And I'm aware we can't sign everyone, don't worry.

Fair one.

Although I am sure SM & SR have a few surprises up their sleeves before the window closes.

We are lucky to have them working at our club they are very astute in the transfer market.

You won't see them do a "Wee Billy" and pay over the odds for a Claude Davis or Goofy Earnshaw.

Curtis Davies on his way to Palace according to reports in the Hull papers.

Wouldn't mind nabbing Mariappa from Palace. 800k/1m? depending on his contract

Mariappa is a good shout, would certainly provide competition for Keogh and would provide an extra bit of quality to our defence.

Archived