Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

Ive said since the thorne deal, that we need another option at rbk (nothing against christie he may be 1st choice) a cbk leader, a goalscoring wide man, and a stk (wood all day long) we missed out on dyer as the wide player he went to watford, wud have been ideal

Another RB- loan/1 million, if we're lucky?

A "cbk leader"- 2 million plus

Winger- loan/1 million plus

ST- Wood will be 2 million plus.

So we need to spend around 5/6 million, do we? Pretty easy to say all this on a forum, try spending the actual money.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another RB- loan/1 million, if we're lucky?A "cbk leader"- 2 million plusWinger- loan/1 million plusST- Wood will be 2 million plus. So we need to spend around 5/6 million, do we? Pretty easy to say all this on a forum, try spending the actual money.

You can put whatever prices you want on players as targets....

Rbk = prem player on loan

Cbk = free transfer richard dunne

Wng = gms 600k+

Stk = wood 1-2m

Doesnt look so bad now does it? Its possible mate, even more so if we can offload freeman and sammon, and send say o'brien and Bennett out on loan for 1st team footy

This thread's beginning to read more like a kids' comic as each day goes by. It's gone from rational suggestions to what appears to be names picked out of a hat, regardless of issues such as the standard they are currently playing at, whether they're available, if so loan or permanent, if the latter what sort of fee etc.

Guys, we're not meant to be playing Football Manager (or whatever it's called). Some posters seem to think the Club is going to stray from the prudent path taken over the last few years -no chance! Although we can guess the fee for Thorne, we don't actually no what it was but my reading of the transfer is that the board really pushed the boat out to get him, leaving little if anything for further permanent in-comings.

This thread's beginning to read more like a kids' comic as each day goes by. It's gone from rational suggestions to what appears to be names picked out of a hat, regardless of issues such as the standard they are currently playing at, whether they're available, if so loan or permanent, if the latter what sort of fee etc.

Guys, we're not meant to be playing Football Manager (or whatever it's called). Some posters seem to think the Club is going to stray from the prudent path taken over the last few years -no chance! Although we can guess the fee for Thorne, we don't actually no what it was but my reading of the transfer is that the board really pushed the boat out to get him, leaving little if anything for further permanent in-comings.

What makes you so sure we wont spend a bit more? Finishing third last season and getting to Wembley showed what this side is capable of, but maybe with a little more investment this season compared to previous may be just what we need to make the final push, board may be thinking the same?

What makes you so sure we wont spend a bit more? Finishing third last season and getting to Wembley showed what this side is capable of, but maybe with a little more investment this season compared to previous may be just what we need to make the final push, board may be thinking the same?

Maybe a bit more, with the emphasis on "bit". What makes me say what I have? Simply the way the board have managed the club over the last few years. I don't see any major change in strategy -possibly a small relaxation in the transfer budget, most of which has probably already been spent.

So leicester were only 2 places higher in the defensive tables than us yet comfortably won the division. It is very rare for a team to score as many as we did AND have a 'play off' standard goals conceded and to not go up

They scored a single goal less than us yet conceded a LOT less...

And you're judging 5th place based on Macca only... our eventual position was based on a defence which finished 7th...

Maybe a bit more, with the emphasis on "bit". What makes me say what I have? Simply the way the board have managed the club over the last few years. I don't see any major change in strategy -possibly a small relaxation in the transfer budget, most of which has probably already been spent.

Exactly. Did you lot not read McClarens comments this morning? He said (albeit in a jokey way) that we'd have to "beg" the board for more funds if the right player is available. Hardly sounds like we have masses to spend, does it.

Rbk- Reece Wabara, free agent having been released from Man City,had loan spells at clubs in championship and league 1, he could defo challenge Christie to the right back slot and then it allows us to sell Freeman.

Cbk- Carlos Cuellar released from Sunderland. Quite old but more than experienced, wages may be a problem but he may do the job with competing for the centre back role and helping with promotion. If we're looking at a loan then Shane Duffy from Everton.

Wng- Agard or GMS. Agard is in the last year of his contract so may be available for

Little bit round up since yesterday.

Blades rejected 2 million bid for Maguire.

Hangeland was furious how he was treated. 6(?) years in club and got kicked out by email. Heard whispers he would be going back to Norway.

Archived