All The Best in Play-Offs; Burnley Fan

LordBeamish

I hope we dont have to play Burnley again for a while.

Just like leicester Im sick of handing you 6 points every season.

On the other hand we would play leeds every week if we could given our form over them in thge last 5 years

But don't forget Newcastle. There's a guaranteed 4 of 6 points at least...even at the worst of times.

I wanna play Newcastle every week.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys. I've been a reader only on here for the last few months as our teams battled it out for that coveted Runners Up spot behind deserved Champions Leicester City and I have to say that I am largely pleased by what I have read, inspire of the closeness of our rivalry at times. You do have a few head-the-balls who post one here but largely you all seem like decent fans following a venerable and, frankly, fantastically supported Club.

Just a message from me to say that I am rooting for you in the Play-Offs. There isn't a more deserving team of the four protagonists. You have, by far, been the most consistent and have not let up, even when Second Place became arithmetically out of reach. 

QPR have been widely trumpeted but flattered to deceive, Wigan could do with staying down at leas another season so that Dave Whelan can pay a bit more of their exorbitant wage bill out of his own pocket and Brighton, like most 6th placed teams are really quite fortunate to be there. It would be a travesty if they were to rob you of your chance in the Prem after you finished so far in front of them, but travesties do happen, so be careful!

Good luck. I hope we are playing you next year. 

Seconded, though I'm not sure that QPR have "flattered to deceive": even their own fans think they are not very good.

I must admit, I was completely wrong about Derby when Clough was sacked and McClaren came in (especially after what happened when he was at Florist). And kudos to most of the posters on here who seem genuine, level-headed and honest. It's a pleasure to be part of the forum.

A bit of white black puddin wouldn't go amiss

Even the white bits are black.

(oh, that's racist)

some derby fans still haven't given up on second...

Anything to avoid getting Forest in the playoffs…..

I know every club has a handful of hard luck stories come May, and fair play to Burnley they got 2nd and they deserve it, but...

If he lets the goal stand or gives the peno and doesn't send of Chris Martin at Turf Moor, given that we pretty much camped in there half with 10 men for the second half, and given that we would then have had Chris available for the Millwall game where we battered them and got mugged, we could easily have seen a 9 point swing on that one decision alone. So if we don't make it, which is at least as likely as that we do, just remember....it's all this grinning ****** fault...

"1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100922144039/football/en/images/9/90/Robert_Madley" alt="Robert_Madley">

SillyBilly

Nice post. I'm not amazingly confident for the play-offs but I'm not too bothered, its been a great season after years of apathy either way. A proper shot of automatic next year with Steve Mac having a full season to do it would soon quash any bitterness of not winning the play-offs. Just hope we can keep the nucleus of our side if we don't go up.

Burnley are the team of the year for me. 92 points on that budget is an unbelievable performance.

Hi guys. I've been a reader only on here for the last few months as our teams battled it out for that coveted Runners Up spot behind deserved Champions Leicester City and I have to say that I am largely pleased by what I have read, inspire of the closeness of our rivalry at times. You do have a few head-the-balls who post one here but largely you all seem like decent fans following a venerable and, frankly, fantastically supported Club.

Just a message from me to say that I am rooting for you in the Play-Offs. There isn't a more deserving team of the four protagonists. You have, by far, been the most consistent and have not let up, even when Second Place became arithmetically out of reach. 

QPR have been widely trumpeted but flattered to deceive, Wigan could do with staying down at leas another season so that Dave Whelan can pay a bit more of their exorbitant wage bill out of his own pocket and Brighton, like most 6th placed teams are really quite fortunate to be there. It would be a travesty if they were to rob you of your chance in the Prem after you finished so far in front of them, but travesties do happen, so be careful!

Good luck. I hope we are playing you next year.

"like" hoare!

I'm just glad someone rescued Dave Jones from the abyss and gave him another chance! The guys left foot is magic. Can never understand why we let him go

Jones, along with Marney have been the heartbeat of our team this Season. Amazing when you consider that Jones came on a free and Marney is playing much better on terms much reduced from the Parachute Money Contract he signed 4 years ago. 

I'm just glad someone rescued Dave Jones from the abyss and gave him another chance! The guys left foot is magic. Can never understand why we let him go

the same Jones who told a derby fan who asked him to come back, that he'd not drop to the championship.

I know every club has a handful of hard luck stories come May, and fair play to Burnley they got 2nd and they deserve it, but...

If he lets the goal stand or gives the peno and doesn't send of Chris Martin at Turf Moor, given that we pretty much camped in there half with 10 men for the second half, and given that we would then have had Chris available for the Millwall game where we battered them and got mugged, we could easily have seen a 9 point swing on that one decision alone. So if we don't make it, which is at least as likely as that we do, just remember....it's all this grinning ****** fault...

"1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100922144039/football/en/images/9/90/Robert_Madley" alt="Robert_Madley">

Index finger head. 

I've heard he's the semi final ref?

you dont know how much my heart dropped after i read that... trying to decide if what your saying is real or not, if it is, could be worse, could be the ******* we had away at ipswich

you dont know how much my heart dropped after i read that... trying to decide if what your saying is real or not, if it is, could be worse, could be the ******* we had away at ipswich

sorry, I'm always on the wind up.

I'll be serious now.

It's Mr Atwell

Archived