All The Best in Play-Offs; Burnley Fan

LordBeamish

Hi guys. I've been a reader only on here for the last few months as our teams battled it out for that coveted Runners Up spot behind deserved Champions Leicester City and I have to say that I am largely pleased by what I have read, inspire of the closeness of our rivalry at times. You do have a few head-the-balls who post one here but largely you all seem like decent fans following a venerable and, frankly, fantastically supported Club.

Just a message from me to say that I am rooting for you in the Play-Offs. There isn't a more deserving team of the four protagonists. You have, by far, been the most consistent and have not let up, even when Second Place became arithmetically out of reach. 

QPR have been widely trumpeted but flattered to deceive, Wigan could do with staying down at leas another season so that Dave Whelan can pay a bit more of their exorbitant wage bill out of his own pocket and Brighton, like most 6th placed teams are really quite fortunate to be there. It would be a travesty if they were to rob you of your chance in the Prem after you finished so far in front of them, but travesties do happen, so be careful!

Good luck. I hope we are playing you next year. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers fella.

I bet you hope you're playing us next year. Our recent record against you is *****!!

So long as we play to our strengths and don't focus on what anyone else is doing then we can be happy whatever happens.

Who expected Derby and Burnley to be so comfortably 2nd and 3rd?

Thank you. I can honestly say, as we never beat you when we play, Burnley have been one of those team I just hate.

But fans like you make me change my mind, time and time again.

Well done to you too, you have been fantastic and very consistent this season, your promotion is fully deserved.

Hopefully we see you again next season!

I'm pleased for shackell that burnley went up as time was running out for him.

We never expected automatic promotion.

Even finishing 3rd was beyond anyones wildest dreams in august.

But now we'll be disappointed if we miss out.

I'd like to play Burnley again next season - to see if it's physically possible to buy a pint in the cricket club, drink it, join the queue again and buy a second pint before the match.

The meat pie was superb though.

Our incredible recent record against your lot, whilst in my mind, hasn't really influenced my feelings on this. Good runs come to an end. I thought ours might end once you rocked up without the bafflingly negative Nigel Clough at the helm. As it happens our run held up due to some dubious refereeing, naive defending from Hughes and(in fairness) some tidy play from us. 

We had a number of massive games this season but I have no doubt that our win at the Turf was the most pivotal. 

I'd like to play Burnley again next season - to see if it's physically possible to buy a pint in the cricket club, drink it, join the queue again and buy a second pint before the match.

The meat pie was superb though.

If it's nice weather, you've more chance of getting one from the hatch outside. Only beer, lager and cider is served from there so the queue goes down a lot quicker. 

I'm probably regarded as a head the ball, but thanks for coming on and saying that, cough, splutter, ouch that hurt saying that.

Now then where were we?

Oh yeah, Burnley ******* :)

Such a love in would be be great if next season when we play you we could organise a fans picnic on cricket pitch, or at chad park.

We'll do sausage rolls and squash, you do pork pie and sandwiches.

Seriously pleased you've gone up, proper club with proper fans, run and managed the right way, if there's any justice we'll join you soon. See you soon

I hope we dont have to play Burnley again for a while.

Just like leicester Im sick of handing you 6 points every season.

On the other hand we would play leeds every week if we could given our form over them in thge last 5 years

Such a love in would be be great if next season when we play you we could organise a fans picnic on cricket pitch, or at chad park.

We'll do sausage rolls and squash, you do pork pie and sandwiches.

Seriously pleased you've gone up, proper club with proper fans, run and managed the right way, if there's any justice we'll join you soon. See you soon

Other fancy vegetables too, like Purple Viking Potatoes, Celeriac, Yams, Persimmon and Stuart Pearce

Careful eddie, don't want to look like southern softies to our northern chums!

Sorry, you're right.

Broken light bulb and razor blade salad it is then, as usual. With gravel.

Sorry, you're right.

Broken light bulb and razor blade salad it is then, as usual. With gravel.

and white dog turd

Hi guys. I've been a reader only on here for the last few months as our teams battled it out for that coveted Runners Up spot behind deserved Champions Leicester City and I have to say that I am largely pleased by what I have read, inspire of the closeness of our rivalry at times. You do have a few head-the-balls who post one here but largely you all seem like decent fans following a venerable and, frankly, fantastically supported Club.

Just a message from me to say that I am rooting for you in the Play-Offs. There isn't a more deserving team of the four protagonists. You have, by far, been the most consistent and have not let up, even when Second Place became arithmetically out of reach. 

QPR have been widely trumpeted but flattered to deceive, Wigan could do with staying down at leas another season so that Dave Whelan can pay a bit more of their exorbitant wage bill out of his own pocket and Brighton, like most 6th placed teams are really quite fortunate to be there. It would be a travesty if they were to rob you of your chance in the Prem after you finished so far in front of them, but travesties do happen, so be careful!

Good luck. I hope we are playing you next year.

IMHO, the post of the year.

Thank you for your generous words. I think it may not be a coincidence that you're a decent person seeing beyond petty rivalries who supports a genuinely venerable traditional football club.

When you see that Burnley finished 8 points clear in second, we were 5 clear in third (and 12-13 clear of fifth and sixth), it's obvious which three clubs DESERVE promotion.

Leicester and yourselves have already confirmed what you earned. Hopefully, we'll do the same shortly and see you in the Prem next season.

Archived