A disadvantage ?

jimbobram

Does anyone else think we have a slight disadvantage at the fact that we are away on a Thursday night which means if its a long distance not a lot of people will be able to take the trip down for reasons such as work etc

whereas whoever we play will be travelling on a Sunday which means the majority of their fans will have no problem coming to the game.

Like B4 always says we need our crowd to be as loud as anything and I cant see us taking a few thousand down to a Brighton or Reading.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bugger travel, bugger the playoffs, we're damned 3rd at the moment. The only excuse we have is that Leicester and Burnley were better than us, and if we are, then we are pitiful enough to deserve to be where we are for another season.

Not half, I'll be there! Do I really have to ask my partner's 22yr old son to have a blue rinse?

Also good news that my son has insisted on paying for all of us to go to the home leg of the semi final - about £120. I'm so proud to have brought him up with the right priorities!

I think there is a lot of nonsense talked about whether it's better to play home first or away first in the playoffs. Last three times City were in the playoffs (1996, 2010 and last season) we played our second legs away, and I think most City fans agreed that in each case we played better in the away leg. In 1996, we drew 0-0 at home and beat Stoke 1-0 away (then won the final); in 2010, we lost on penalties against Cardiff; and last season we lost to the last kick of the game against Watford.  

I think what matters is the attitude of mind of the players. The Rams have won the past four matches, and if I were McLaren, I'd be going all out for wins against Watford and Dutty Leeds - because winning is a habit. Whoever comes sixth will have had an iffy run-in, which gives you an advantage. Up to you to make it count.

Does anyone else think we have a slight disadvantage at the fact that we are away on a Thursday night which means if its a long distance not a lot of people will be able to take the trip down for reasons such as work etc

whereas whoever we play will be travelling on a Sunday which means the majority of their fans will have no problem coming to the game.

Like B4 always says we need our crowd to be as loud as anything and I cant see us taking a few thousand down to a Brighton or Reading.

Nope.

Always better to play away first.

PistoldPete2

Theres an advantage in playing at home 2nd leg because we know what we have to do, and because if it goes to extra time, that will be in front of our own fans. I would mention that its normally an advantage to have the penalty shoot out if needed to be at home as well, but given how **** we are at pens I dont even want to think about a pen shoot out 

Archived