End of the season - Scottish & Derby questions.

Scottishguy

Bryson and Forsyth could play for Scotland now and Russell potentially in the future if he stays injury free. Coutts will need to come back to full fitness and play a run of games.

In our 4123 formation I'm not sure where Coutts would play?

In the 2

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this formation would certainly suit Coutts more than being shoved on the wing, he's clever with a very decent range of passing which is the two main attributes needed for playing in our midfield two. Obviously he's a long way down the pecking order but if I had to choose between having a fully fit Coutts on the bench or Bailey it'd be Coutts without a doubt!

This is a bit out there but am I the only one who thinks that Coutts could become a quality RB? He's got the attributes for it; pace, strength, height, good on the ball, good delivery (quite a few assists last season).This combined with the fact that full-back are becoming more and more attacking in the modern game makes me think he could do a Forsyth.

And in Scottish news, Russell Anderson has repaired himself to become a cup winning legend, Buzz has done his hamstring and may miss the other final against the Arabs. But the other Saint, Tealinho still awaits his first goal in Paisley. Well, unless I missed one.

I seem to be the only one who has doubts about Russell.

Whilst he has lots of endeavour, runs off the ball well and has scored one or two good goals, we seem to concede possession an awful lot through him...

Either through his passing or by being caught in possession (usually by running directly towards the defender). Not certain I'd class him as a quick player either.

Russell strikes me as someone who could do with a decent, injury-free run in the team.

He's still quite hesitant and appears unsure what to do on occasion - until he gets around goal.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys i was really really busy the past few weeks.

Thanks for all your response. 

I see everyone considers Bryson and Forsyth good enough so far. I agree with that hopefully Strachan gives them both a chance against Nigeria in our next friendly. 

I have no idea why Bryson doesn't get a look in he's obviously a better player than Barry Bannan and Charlie Adam. To be fair to Bannan he's okay for scotland but adam is just... terrible. 

Someone mentioned how we don't play wingers but we do under strachan we play Snodgrass and Anya on the wings which seems to work a charm. Occasionally Forrest or Gary Mackay-Steven get games (A player everyone should keep a eye out for) more skillful than anyone i've ever seen live. I'll put a youtube link of his skills here if anyone is interested 

Everyone usually slates the top league in scotland but usually all the top players in the league will end up decent championship or Premiership players. 

None the less i'm going to watch the game vs Brighton tonight. Hopefully yous can take the first leg. I'm glad reading never got into the play offs actually something i don't like about them. 

Goodluck with tonight! As a hearts man i probably should be going to the U20 final against rangers but i can't be bothered travelling to kilmarnock. 

it would be interestin to see celtic play in the championship. dont think they're much better than that level. they play in the champions league cuz they have no decent competition up there and to be fair, the home crowd are probably worth 3-4 points every comp. i would put brys ahead of fletcher.

it would be interestin to see celtic play in the championship. dont think they're much better than that level. they play in the champions league cuz they have no decent competition up there and to be fair, the home crowd are probably worth 3-4 points every comp. i would put brys ahead of fletcher.

On tonight's performance I wouldn't put Bryson ahead of Mrs Fletcher, the lollipop lady.

Archived