George Thorne 4 Will Hughes

Cardifframs

Does anybody else think,George Thorne has been brought in,as a direct replacement for Will Hughes?

As usual,the WH transfer speculation has surfaced again,and also GT,has stated how much he likes it at Derby,and would discuss his future during the summer.

If we sold WH,I'm guessing we would bid for GT,and have money left over for another "decent" player aswell.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No that's not right Hughes plays the same position as Hendrick and neither are holding midfielders. Thorne is the Eustace type.

I know what type of players they are. I am saying that McClaren had hoped Hendrick would be the same as Thorne in the DM position. If McClaren didn't think Hendrick could play there (or Hughes) why have they both been picked to play there? If Hendrick wasn't as shocking as he was against Leicester then we wouldn't have brought Thorne in.

I know what type of players they are. I am saying that McClaren had hoped Hendrick would be the same as Thorne in the DM position. If McClaren didn't think Hendrick could play there (or Hughes) why have they both been picked to play there? If Hendrick wasn't as shocking as he was against Leicester then we wouldn't have brought Thorne in.

Ok but the whole team were poor against Leicester and Thorne was with us getting himself fit. Did Eustace play at Crisp Bowl I can't remember !

Both are very, very good players and at the minute we're getting the benefit of both.

Who has more potential, definitely Hughes - he's a class act. However, if the play-off final was tomorrow and someone had a gun to both Hughes's leg, and Thorne's leg and told me I had to choose which one gets shot.

I know who I would pick. 

PistoldPete2

Ok but the whole team were poor against Leicester and Thorne was with us getting himself fit. Did Eustace play at Crisp Bowl I can't remember !

No we played with Hughes , Hendo and Bryso midfield , a throw back to Nigels days... of all games to play without a DM Shteve chose Fester, TBF he admitted his selection mistake. 

Both are very, very good players and at the minute we're getting the benefit of both.

Who has more potential, definitely Hughes - he's a class act. However, if the play-off final was tomorrow and someone had a gun to both Hughes's leg, and Thorne's leg and told me I had to choose which one gets shot.

I know who I would pick.

I think Thorne has more potential IMO.

What does Hughes bring to the table and that's a serious question.

Archived