Neighbours, good or bad?

Boycie

I've just come back from work and persuaded mesen to wash me company vehicle when I got back.

Trouble is, next door has just done his and was just getting it as shiney as a new pin (as per) just as I pulled on the drive.

Now, I was going to get the pressure washer out, but that would send fine spray all over his polished Volvo.

What would you do?

Do I ask him to move it across the other side of his drive?

Anyway, do you have good neighbours like I am?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just come back from work and persuaded mesen to wash me company vehicle when I got back.

Trouble is, next door has just done his and was just getting it as shiney as a new pin (as per) just as I pulled on the drive.

Now, I was going to get the pressure washer out, but that would send fine spray all over his polished Volvo.

What would you do?

Do I ask him to move it across the other side of his drive?

Anyway, do you have good neighbours like I am?

Wash yer car on my estate and it'll get nicked....

Our neighbours at the uni house in Notts are alright, they never complain when we have a party of host pre's, but that's probably because they're also students. One guy a few doors down complained about music at 11pm on a Friday once. Claimed he was ill with flu but he obviously just had a cold.

Next door neighbours back home is a pub. And it's a rubbish pub. Despite being in a village they've tried to make it into one of those gastro pubs, and despite no locals going there, it's always full of weird people drinking lager top. Weirdos. And they're rude, asked for a pint once and he seemed annoyed that I wanted a drink in his pub.

Nothing like Boycie.

The one on the left is a manure fan. Talks ****** most of the time. The ones on the right the womans ok but the lads a right tw@t. He's plays on his sex box with surround sound turned up max and makes the walls shake. I often feel like shoving the thing up his arse.

. Gritstone, pop around for a cup of tea anytime mate,mind never knew that was you?

Neighbours on one side alus arguing. He says she's a lazy cow who never does owt round the house, she never even puts the bin out and it's always him hanging out the washing.

Lazy cow.

Other side is an old, sweet guy who's not long since had a stroke bless him.

this figures.

You are an off licence and I claim my £5.

I have been known to drink the contents of an off licence, but I've never owned one.

Funny things, neighbours - only by the choice of your house, seems you have to accept the neighbours like they're family. 

Im a crap neighbour - had some lovely ones over the years - but just a hello with the ones we have now.  I would know if they hadn't got the milk/post in but that's about it...

If your have an elderly neighbour then you should give them more attention.

They are often isolated and a 10 minute chat instead of just a 'hello'.

Or a cup of tea instead of a wave.

Does no harm.

Archived