our away form

nfb

Its a worry for me that our away form has dipped sooo much, today was awful, lethargic, with poor decisions, and hardly anyone having a good game.

With the play offs coming up, we need everyone fit, and with their heads on right, we are not playing well away, and for me Mac needs to think ahead to the play offs...

Dawkins, Ward etc need to be fit and ready too

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to the game today.

Errrrr

Just terrible no one was good except Bucko Grant Hendrick and Thorne.

1 win in 2014 away from home!!!

Doesn't bode well for the away leg in the playoffs.

My point exactly.... can you imagine Wigan away on Monday night :o

My point exactly.... can you imagine Wigan away on Monday night :o

Wouldn't worry, pure cup football! Anything could happen!

I have had this fear for a long time.

We need a little bugger who is self-motivated to make things happen.

We need wardy.

Too many want someone else to take responsibility.

We've had some tough away games in fairness...

Birmingham are the only team in the bottom 10 we've played away in 2014 and Boro and Sheff Wed have imporved massively since we beat them at the Ipro earlier in the season.

I think it's just how the fixtures came out. 

Reading for instace have won 6 away games in 2014, but they've won against Charlton, Brum, Watford, Millwall, Leeds and QPR (with QPR being the only team they beat who were good at the time - they beat Watford in Jan when they were awful).

I know everygame is winnable, but let's not get carried away with what we are. We're hardly worldbeaters ourselves, and the games we've played away recently I wouldn't expect us to go there and dominate.

W1 D3 L4 isn't great from 2014 for away games, but our defeats were against Leicester, Burnley, Ipswich, Boro... Were people expecting us to win these games?

We've had some tough away games in fairness...

Birmingham are the only team in the bottom 10 we've played away in 2014 and Boro and Sheff Wed have imporved massively since we beat them at the Ipro earlier in the season.

I think it's just how the fixtures came out. 

Reading for instace have won 6 away games in 2014, but they've won against Charlton, Brum, Watford, Millwall, Leeds and QPR (with QPR being the only team they beat who were good at the time - they beat Watford in Jan when they were awful).

I know everygame is winnable, but let's not get carried away with what we are. We're hardly worldbeaters ourselves, and the games we've played away recently I wouldn't expect us to go there and dominate.

W1 D3 L4 isn't great from 2014 for away games, but our defeats were against Leicester, Burnley, Ipswich, Boro... Were people expecting us to win these games?

judging by the predictions , yes..

Difficult away games in 2014 perhaps but we've not played well in most of them either.

Leicester was poor, Blackburn needed a late equaliser, Birmingham threw points away, Sheff Wed lucky win, Burnley unlucky bad ref, Reading good point but they missed an open goal, Ipswich was poor, Middlesbrough was poor.

6 points from 8 games is poor. Play offs looks likely now, can we do enough at home to get through to Wembley?

Archived