Yo Mutha's

Boycie

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon my missus expects me to pamper her! Every year i have to explain that my mam is dead and that relieves me of any mothers day duties. Our youngest is 20 now and as such, It's all down to them.

agree on that , mate.. :D

I actually had a good day today - kids bought me some 'moisturiser' for old uns - and MrRam bought be a couple of bottles of wine that I'd been searching for, ever since I had a bottle bought me at Christmas and a necklace that I said I liked at the prom dress shop yesterday - bless him, he bought it whilst I was in the changing rooms with the young 'un. 

I lost my mum a long time ago, she was 57 - but never far from my thoughts. You don't know how special they are till they're gone.  :(

On another note - facebook has been sickly today - Im gonna have to stop reading the damn thing - jesus, can't we all just be thankful for what we've got - without ramming it down other folks' throats.  

I got a new chain fer me locket as my old one snapped from Dav, felt lost without it, and some chocs & flowers and cards from the kids. And a looked forward to visit from my eldest lad, so I've really enjoyed today.

But thoughts to mums who haven't got their kids with them, and visa versa, it can't be an easy time. X

What do you reckon? - Is it the done thing for a Husband to buy his Wife a mother's day card (from himself)?. Cos I didn't and she wasn't happy!

I did buy one for her on behalf of our baby girl. Must remember to take the 3 quid from her money box for that....

BTW, my missus is one of those women who can't meet up with a mate for a coffee without exchanging flowers/gifts and would buy a Christmas card for the baby from the cat if she thought I wasn't looking. I think she must have secret shares in Hallmark or something.

What do you reckon? - Is it the done thing for a Husband to buy his Wife a mother's day card (from himself)?. Cos I didn't and she wasn't happy!

I did buy one for her on behalf of our baby girl. Must remember to take the 3 quid from her money box for that....

BTW, my missus is one of those women who can't meet up with a mate for a coffee without exchanging flowers/gifts and would buy a Christmas card for the baby from the cat if she thought I wasn't looking. I think she must have secret shares in Hallmark or something.

It's not something that i have ever done.

And after over 20 years together, My missus is finally starting to realise that i never will.

Archived