Clean sheets

Mafiabob

13 clean sheets in the league so far if memory serves me right?

Best return since promotion season me thinks.

This is where we have improved the most this season. Look a very decent outfit at the back in this league.

Nice to have a fairly star back four too who are playing to best of there abilities. Yes Wisdom has had a little wobble last few weeks in my eyes but basics are there. Think the answer lies in there. We have been blooming good with the basics.

Yes we've conceded more than the top six. But isn't it nice to have such a healthy GD for a change.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13 clean sheets in the league so far if memory serves me right?

Best return since promotion season me thinks.

This is where we have improved the most this season. Look a very decent outfit at the back in this league.

Nice to have a fairly star back four too who are playing to best of there abilities. Yes Wisdom has had a little wobble last few weeks in my eyes but basics are there. Think the answer lies in there. We have been blooming good with the basics.

Yes we've conceded more than the top six. But isn't it nice to have such a healthy GD for a change.

Yes but clearly Buxton is non league material. Rolls eyes.

Buckenbauer has improved massively in the last couple of seasons. Wonder how many truly suspected that he'd become such a pivotal player for us when he first signed.

Wonder how many people will conveniently forget about their original opinion of Bucko?

Yes but clearly Buxton is non league material. Rolls eyes.

haha! To be fair I was one who would say to leave Bucko out. But hold my hands up and proved a lot of is wrong. Only little criticism I have of him, and I'm being picky, is that he sometimes backs off just a bit at times when ball is on deck. (I E someone running at him) but other than that he's improved 500% for me

haha! To be fair I was one who would say to leave Bucko out. But hold my hands up and proved a lot of is wrong. Only little criticism I have of him, and I'm being picky, is that he sometimes backs off just a bit at times when ball is on deck. (I E someone running at him) but other than that he's improved 500% for me

May be a bit confrontational BUT...........improved from what? What you knew of him or what you anticipated him to be? I only ask because to me he hasn't changed his game that much at all in reality. Just convenient for some to think so. 

I can give some inside info on Bucko's development, straight from his parents.

He picked up a few injuries when eh first came and struggled for fitness, This was made worse by the fact he is allergic to ibuprofen, meaning any recovery was hindered rather than helped. It took a year to get it completely out of his system.  

2 words. Steve McClaren... Clough was always hatless when it came to defensive tactics I'm afraid

Hatless???

I thought Nigel was poor in a lot of areas but I never found fault with his headwear.

Could be an interesting sub thread though - who'd look better in a hat? Nigel or Steve.

Back on theme - I thought Bucko was a very limited player in the few times I saw him previously. Has been tremendous whenever I have seen him this season.

I can give some inside info on Bucko's development, straight from his parents.

He picked up a few injuries when eh first came and struggled for fitness, This was made worse by the fact he is allergic to ibuprofen, meaning any recovery was hindered rather than helped. It took a year to get it completely out of his system.  

Not a nice allergy to have, anti inflammatories are probably a big part of treating footballing injuries. (just a guess)

May be a bit confrontational BUT...........improved from what? What you knew of him or what you anticipated him to be? I only ask because to me he hasn't changed his game that much at all in reality. Just convenient for some to think so.

Thought he was a complete lummox with a turning circle of a petrol tanker.

Think he's improved his distribution immensely.

You're not being confrontational at all, all have differing opinions. Would be boring if we all agreed! :)

Hatless???

I thought Nigel was poor in a lot of areas but I never found fault with his headwear.

Could be an interesting sub thread though - who'd look better in a hat? Nigel or Steve.

Back on theme - I thought Bucko was a very limited player in the few times I saw him previously. Has been tremendous whenever I have seen him this season.

They slagged nige off for buying cheap, unfashionable headgear. Now they're all wearing them.

They slagged nige off for buying cheap, unfashionable headgear. Now they're all wearing them.

I blame the board for their lack of ambition. If they'd supported Clough with the funds for a sombrero, or at least a fez, I think things would be very different indeed.

Archived