Good interview with Brett Wilson.

Curtains

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair weather fan, that Brett Wilson.

I don't agree he comes across as excited about the whole thing.

He seems a typical Canadian with a good sense of humour.

I'd say he's actually a Rams fan who supports the team and likes watching the games.

In this article he does acknowledge Cloughs contribution in a very positive way.

They should have come up with some cash in January if he really thinks that.

Nice bit of spin though :) ....

Can you remember when Billy Davies changed things in January when the Rams were flying and we dipped in form.

That January was a disaster and we went on to get 11 points in the Prem with Davies and Jewell.

Admittedly we signed Pearson etc !

Can you remember when Billy Davies changed things in January when the Rams were flying and we dipped in form.

That January was a disaster and we went on to get 11 points in the Prem with Davies and Jewell

Yes I can remember that only too well. Davies was a nightmare though and bought the wrong players.

However, if Brett is more excited than he's ever been, imagine what he'd be feeling like if we'd scored more than 3 goals in our last 7 games. I think we needed a lift in January and one or two permanent signings [no more] could have made a big difference. I'd have been very disappointed if there wasn't a list of potential strikers prepared. At the end, we just signed Dawkins permanently. Not the action of a Club who really meant it in my view. They knew the play offs were as good as guaranteed so left it there.

I'm not for throwing money around aimlessly. The Club is managed well and has been for a long time. I just don't like the spin. Rush and Vicars 2 weeks ago and now this. Can't see the point of it.

Yes I can remember that only too well. Davies was a nightmare though and bought the wrong players.

However, if Brett is more excited than he's ever been, imagine what he'd be feeling like if we'd scored more than 3 goals in our last 7 games. I think we needed a lift in January and one or two permanent signings [no more] could have made a big difference. I'd have been very disappointed if there wasn't a list of potential strikers prepared. At the end, we just signed Dawkins permanently. Not the action of a Club who really meant it in my view. They knew the play offs were as good as guaranteed so left it there.

I'm not for throwing money around aimlessly. The Club is managed well and has been for a long time. I just don't like the spin. Rush and Vicars 2 weeks ago and now this. Can't see the point of it.

Would you prefer the club stayed silent and didn't talk at all !

I'm happy when they talk to us positive or negative and im happy with this interview I think it's well balanced .

PS The only reason the playoffs are pretty much guaranteed is because of the Manager and his team and the players. We are not in the playoffs yet though !

Never really understood why our board seemingly get so much flak and distrust. And I don't see what is wrong with this article, I think it is a fair reflection of recent events.

The only thing we could have done with in January is a direct backup for Martin, that aside I'd rather they kept faith with the side that got us chasing 2nd. Ok we haven't scored many in the last 7, but we have kept 5 clean sheets in those games and isn't as though we have gone all out defensive.

I like that they are trying to keep the fans involved, as sick bucket worthy as the Rush and Vicars thing was, it was a good idea. They aren't hiding behind their decisions. Why does anything positive have to be spin? We don't have to blindly believe it or dismiss it and hack it to pieces. What do you want him to say, "No, if we go up we are going to be tight gits and endure a relegation scrap". Just because one lover cheats on you,doesn't mean the next one will.

Maybe we should get the Fridge magnet in? Or the Tan Man of Cardiff? I'll happily take some dodgy videos and a little "spin" if it means my club is actually going in the right direction with foundations that exist.

Meh, i'm grumpy as illness has kept me bed bound the last few days.

Never really understood why our board seemingly get so much flak and distrust. And I don't see what is wrong with this article, I think it is a fair reflection of recent events.

The only thing we could have done with in January is a direct backup for Martin, that aside I'd rather they kept faith with the side that got us chasing 2nd. Ok we haven't scored many in the last 7, but we have kept 5 clean sheets in those games and isn't as though we have gone all out defensive.

I like that they are trying to keep the fans involved, as sick bucket worthy as the Rush and Vicars thing was, it was a good idea. They aren't hiding behind their decisions. Why does anything positive have to be spin? We don't have to blindly believe it or dismiss it and hack it to pieces. What do you want him to say, "No, if we go up we are going to be tight gits and endure a relegation scrap". Just because one lover cheats on you,doesn't mean the next one will.

Maybe we should get the Fridge magnet in? Or the Tan Man of Cardiff? I'll happily take some dodgy videos and a little "spin" if it means my club is actually going in the right direction with foundations that exist.

I agree but there aren't many players on the market as good as Martin who incidentally I wasn't totally in favour of signing when he looked over weight and lacking fitness( credit to Clough for that he was right about him because he got him fit and saw his potential )but he's been brilliant for us this season.

I hope Martin can be instrumental in taking us to the Premier League.

That's what I was saying.

I agree but there aren't many players on the market as good as Martin who incidentally I wasn't totally in favour of signing but he's been brilliant for us this season.

I don't think it was vital, I think it would have been a nice addition. Then again, if this guy just sat on the bench I am sure some would complain he was a waste of money.

Great point (highlighted). For all the moans and gripes we have about our owners, I personally prefer the sensible way they have acted to turn the club round slowly and surely (albeit some of it their own fault for backing Jewell).

I'm probably in the minority here but I'd rather not go up if the alternative was some clueless owner who just wanted to throw money at it until summat worked.

Its not sustainable even if FFP falls apart so let the Lessta's, QPR's and Forest's keep chucking £millions at it while we try to improve gradually without horrendous debt.

I don't think it was vital, I think it would have been a nice addition. Then again, if this guy just sat on the bench I am sure some would complain he was a waste of money.

When Clough was sacked, Appleby suggested that money had been available but Clough had chosen not to spend it. I just presumed McClaren would have been given the opportunity to have some of that money to concentrate on the areas where he felt we were a bit short. I just wonder whether he was. Hence my "spin" suspicions.

Great if Martin [whose goals have got us where we are] can keep going but it's a big ask and he looks isolated. I think someone playing next to him would be a great help on occasions [perhaps Ward could do it, perhaps he couldn't].

Who knows.....

Hes stood with the fans on numerous occasions at games I believe.

He watches all the Rams games on live streams.

So did Peter Gadsby, but it didn't stop people on 606, Popside and DET character-assassinating him.

Archived