Rams have easiest run in of top 6

Curtains

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Define easy though, playing relegation threatened sides at this time of the season is not easy. Playing mid table sides at this time of the season is not easy as they tend to relax and put on a show for the fans etc.

There will be many more twists and turns yet, of that you can be absolutely certain!

We've got a few toughies out of the way, not just QPR and Leicester, but some hard games from the play-off pushers like Brighton and Wigan. If you'd offered me 6 points against QPR, Leicester, Brighton and Wigan I'd have reluctantly taken it; but we should have beaten Wigan. 

I reckon once we've got past Forest, there's a possibility for a really good run. We play extremely similar teams to which we had the 7 wins run against and falling at the best time of the year possible.

However, there are 3 extremely difficult games in March

Burnley (A) depending on their result against Forest this weekend, it can either make sure we keep up with them or put some real distance between us.

Reading (A) This will be such a tough game, I'd be chuffed with a point.The two games we have prior to this are "easy" and if we can put two pretty wins in, it will help our confidence.

Forest (H) Jesus Christ, do I even need to explain. I hate the cliche but a real 6 pointer. 

The toughest it gets after that is Ipswich away on a Tuesday night and Leeds away on the last day. My hopes are pinned on mustering a mighty run towards the end which propels us to second.

Burnley

Them not getting any points in the next 3 games is entirely plausible, they've got Forest (H), Derby (H) and Blackburn (A). I don't think any of the sides can afford to lose three on the trot right now especially when it's to two of their rivals. A defeat to Blackburn could really take the wind out of their sails too, nowt' worse than losing to your local rivals. Also still have to play Leicester, Wigan, Reading and Ipswich.

Forest

Slight stumble in the last 7 days but a win at Burnley could turn it around. However their next few weeks are tough; Burnley (A), Wigan (H), Boro (A) which look like a set of classic Billy Davies 'good points'. Away games are their weakness and there are a few tough away games; Derby, Ipswich, QPR, Leeds and Bournemouth. Can't see many points from them. Fortunately they've got Yeovil out of the way completely.

QPR

Brighton (A), Boro (A), Wigan (H), Bournemouth (A), Blackburn (A), Forest (H), Leicester (A). Most of their toughest games are away and they slip up against little teams a lot. Who knows?

Teams around us will drop points playing each other.

Ideal results for this weekend

Burnley draw with Forest

QPR lose or draw

we win by 3 goals

Would put us second (on goals scored)

4 or 5 points clear of QPR (game in hand taken care of)

5 points ahead of Forest

If Forest fluke a win and QPR win

we'd be second 2 points above 3rd and 3 points above 4th

If Burnley win and QPR win

Wed be third 2points ahead of QPR, 7 points ahead of Forest and 3 points from Burnley

In short if we win on Saturday then manage to win against Burnley chances are we'd be second (GD dependant) with momentum.

Watching Buxton celebrate on Tuesday, you could see it hit home in his mind this is a real possibility. 

Our run in couldn't be much kinder too us - we just need to keep picking up those wins, 4-2-4 all the way! I am bubbling underneath the surface because I feel like we can do it, it's like waiting on an acca with 2 teams left, and both are playing against two sides with 10 men.

You know it should be yours and you know it's possible, however, you know full well it could **** up.

I'm really excited about the possibility - the play-offs would be fantastic too, I think we would stand a good chance in that and the possibility of playing Forest is daunting yet could potentially create memories that stick with you until the day you pass. 

I'm trying to enjoy every game as it comes, knowing full well I feel this is ours to lose..

Watching Buxton celebrate on Tuesday, you could see it hit home in his mind this is a real possibility. 

Our run in couldn't be much kinder too us - we just need to keep picking up those wins, 4-2-4 all the way! I am bubbling underneath the surface because I feel like we can do it, it's like waiting on an acca with 2 teams left, and both are playing against two sides with 10 men.

You know it should be yours and you know it's possible, however, you know full well it could **** up.

I'm really excited about the possibility - the play-offs would be fantastic too, I think we would stand a good chance in that and the possibility of playing Forest is daunting yet could potentially create memories that stick with you until the day you pass. 

I'm trying to enjoy every game as it comes, knowing full well I feel this is ours to lose..

Don't forget you renewed your season ticket (I assume you have) you've had a free bet that will pay out into hundreds if we get promoted

Never, EVER, bet on Forest.

Don't forget you renewed your season ticket (I assume you have) you've had a free bet that will pay out into hundreds if we get promoted

When is the renewal deadline? Ta

Archived