I got beat up

Cisse

An angry and drunk customer attacked me today and we both ended up to an emergency room. Got some nice bruises in my forehead and jaw. Broke my glasses and my watch :angry::( .

Strong guy. Took a hard punch in my jaw. Hopefully there is no damage in the roots of my teeth. Feel like crap.

The cops called me and told me he wants to pay me without lawyers. Will call him tomorrow and see how it goes.

Wish I was like B4.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue him for all he's got, not some cheap get out. Sounds a right cnut.

Actually after the fight as there were a lot of secutity guards he seemed pretty cool. Was impressed by my resistance. Got a couple of punches in myself.

It would be nice to meet tomorrow and see which one has an uglier face. :D

Bloody hell, what caused the fight?

Hope you're alright, take some time off and catch up on Frazier.

I sell booze for a living in a store. Here it's illegal to sell booze if you are already drunk. This guy shows up and I see he has taken a couple of something, he's ok but I still can't sell. So he threatens to kill me unless I sell. I told him to get lost. Next thing he is flying in my booth and I managed to smack him in the face.

He started to leave and then blocked the door from other customers and I went to usher him away. He hit me in the temple and into my jaw. I hit him left looping cross to his eye which made him bleed like a bast**d. Out of the blue he makes this hip throw and lands on me. I hit him two punches in the face from the floor.

It so happens that my friend who is a former national gold medalist in judo and his husband who knows judo too come by and they both intervene. And I'm saved. Sore but saved.

Called my friend and promised her and her husband that I got a nice wine with their name on it after I can show my face outside. :p

Bugger, Cisse. You were lucky to escape without really serious injury.

When my father owned a pub many years ago, behind the bar there hung from a piece of string a shillelagh (basically a heavy club fashioned from a tree branch). Luckily it never had to be used in anger in 25 years, but if anyone had ventured to our side of the bar and they were threatening in any way, it most definitely would have been.

Consider keeping a walking-stick behind the counter.

Fair play to you Cisse , shame the t**t couldn't take no for an answer..

How can he pay you a fair compensation , without lawyers , tho ?

Plus , won't your employers want you to press charges ?

glad your ok tho mate , nobody deserves that , doing their job..

he needs teaching a lesson , mate.. press charges..

Bugger, Cisse. You were lucky to escape without really serious injury.

When my father owned a pub many years ago, behind the bar there hung from a piece of string a shillelagh (basically a heavy club fashioned from a tree branch). Luckily it never had to be used in anger in 25 years, but if anyone had ventured to our side of the bar and they were threatening in any way, it most definitely would have been.

Consider keeping a walking-stick behind the counter.

Here the booze selling is run by a government. We shouldn't even defend ourselves. The firm just took our guards out for saving money for the bosses. Three weeks ago I catched a druggy who stole from us. Wrestled him to the ground as he was trying to escape. Heard that I'm going to get reprimended for that. And now this. I'm in trouble with my boss. :(

Fair play to you Cisse , shame the t**t couldn't take no for an answer..

How can he pay you a fair compensation , without lawyers , tho ?

Plus , won't your employers want you to press charges ?

glad your ok tho mate , nobody deserves that , doing their job..

he needs teaching a lesson , mate.. press charges..

The guy said to the police that he will compensate. Didn't have a record actually and said he was sorry for what he did. Didn't understand what came over him, he just lost it. I can understand that. Happens a lot.

So tomorrow I will call him (if my jaw opens) and ask if he is willing to pay for the doctor, my glasses and repairing of my watch. Perhaps a couple of hundred for the pain and suffering.

If he don't agree we will go to the court which will cost him more.

Next time just sell him the booze.

It seems that its just not worth the aggro.

P.s. Sorry to hear about it.

I do that I'm fined by the police and the officials can close our store for three days and everybody in our store will be suspended of their salary for three days.

Sounds fair ? Here's the kicker. Our firm basically bought a title of being the best big employer in the nation day before yesterday. And we will get 12 cents more for an hour in the future for being good employees.

If you don't seek legal compensation, he won't think twice about doing it again, and it may be you again.

Next time I will be ready. Just kidding. The guy was my age and the police said he had no record. So a decent guy having a bad day. I must admit that I'm considering of asking compensation for pain and suffering which would cover a plane tickets to the pointy room. :rolleyes:

The guy said to the police that he will compensate. Didn't have a record actually and said he was sorry for what he did. Didn't understand what came over him, he just lost it. I can understand that. Happens a lot.

So tomorrow I will call him (if my jaw opens) and ask if he is willing to pay for the doctor, my glasses and repairing of my watch. Perhaps a couple of hundred for the pain and suffering.

If he don't agree we will go to the court which will cost him more.

Sorry to hear about this.

Two reasons you should go to court.

1. It puts you in the driving seat with regard to your employers. They are less likely to take action against their employee when the case has been made official. 

2. You mentioned a couple of hundred?! Go to court and you're looking at a couple of thousand. Ramp up the pain and use that acting talent we all have inside of us. Take this sorry piece of @@@@ to the cleaners.

People often ask me if it's dangerous going to places like Rio or Cape Town.

I tell them I've been to both of these places, been to the dodgiest areas and wandered around at night. Not only that, but I've stroked tigers, I've swam with great white sharks, I've been a tent canvass thickness away from a pride of lions, and I've been been 3 foot away from wild mountain gorillas. I've been to jungles on three continents, I've done the 4 of the highest bungee jumps in the world, I've paddled grade 5 rapids on the white nile, and I've jumped out of a plane.

Then I tell them I've nearly been killed three times. Once in Tenerife, while I was sleeping on the beach (still don't know what really happened, just know I ended up in hospital with a cat scan, chest X-rays, a missing tooth and stitches in my lip), and twice in derby (outside Time nightclub, and then outside the Irish centre).

I think the moral is, you can get killed pretty much anywhere, so it might as well be somewhere good.

Sorry to hear about this.

Two reasons you should go to court.

1. It puts you in the driving seat with regard to your employers. They are less likely to take action against their employee when the case has been made official. 

2. You mentioned a couple of hundred?! Go to court and you're looking at a couple of thousand. Ramp up the pain and use that acting talent we all have inside of us. Take this sorry piece of @@@@ to the cleaners.

I know that in the past the compensation has been between 200 -3000 euros. If there have been injury that bled the compensation has been 1000 - 3000. Like in my case. The thing is that I can't really blame the guy. He lost his cool and it ain't right that he should pay thousands of legal fees plus the compensation for me.

But after a few beers I'm getting greedy. My wage is very low in our stadards and I have developed an expensive taste. I could ask easily for a couple of thousand. I just think it is wrong. I doubt that he is an absolute asshole. The money is probably tight with him too. But now I feel like winning in a lottery. I could get some money.

I hope we can make a fair deal tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on this.

People often ask me if it's dangerous going to places like Rio or Cape Town.

I tell them I've been to both of these places, been to the dodgiest areas and wandered around at night. Not only that, but I've stroked tigers, I've swam with great white sharks, I've been a tent canvass thickness away from a pride of lions, and I've been been 3 foot away from wild mountain gorillas. I've been to jungles on three continents, I've done the 4 of the highest bungee jumps in the world, I've paddled grade 5 rapids on the white nile, and I've jumped out of a plane.

Then I tell them I've nearly been killed three times. Once in Tenerife, while I was sleeping on the beach (still don't know what really happened, just know I ended up in hospital with a cat scan, chest X-rays, a missing tooth and stitches in my lip), and twice in derby (outside Time nightclub, and then outside the Irish centre).

I think the moral is, you can get killed pretty much anywhere, so it might as well be somewhere good.

I would absolutely love to hear more about things you mention. PM me if you feel shy. I bet there are a lot of us that would like to hear about ti though.

Archived