Craig Forsyth - Scotland.

Ambitious

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay, or nay? 

I think he's been the best left-back in the division in the past three months, turned a huge corner. 

Did you see Assou-Ekotto last night? ;)

Forsyth has improved massively with simple changes in his game but best LB in division might be bit too much.

By the way, who is Scotland's LB at the moment? If Bryson can't get to their team, they must have hell of a team.

Whittaker not playing for Norwich, Mulgrew gets used everywhere now but was a left back. Danny Fox getting games at Forest now and yeah possibly Forsyth I guess.

To be honest it doesn't really matter, they have one game lined up for the rest of the year, next month v Poland.

I didn't think Assou-Ekotto was anything special. He might have been playing 3 positions at once, but I don't think he played any of them that well.  He looked dodgy as hell whenever he had to do anything defensively, and always looked like he could give away possession stupidly at any point.  He looked okay going forward, but did he produce anything of note in the final 3rd? Bamford gave him far too much time on the ball and he did nothing with it.

When Sammon came on, I would have put him right up against him and sooner or later he'd catch him in possession and be clean through on goal.

Did you see Assou-Ekotto last night? ;)

Forsyth has improved massively with simple changes in his game but best LB in division might be bit too much.

By the way, who is Scotland's LB at the moment? If Bryson can't get to their team, they must have hell of a team.

You want to see Burnley's third by Assou-Ekotto... worst defending I've seen in a long, long time.. Paul Connolly stuff. 

You want to see Burnley's third by Assou-Ekotto... worst defending I've seen in a long, long time.. Paul Connolly stuff. 

He nearly let the same thing  happen near the end of that game too.

Forsyth has benefited from being able to play the new position unbroken all season. At the start of the season, he didn't look comfortable at all, and I don't think he believed he could play it. He struggled to pick when to go forward, when to go back and looked a bit vulnerable against pace.

The difference now is remarkable, he's very solid defensively, his positional play is excellent and when he bombs forward, he just ghosts past players as if they weren't there.

The only thing letting him down slightly, is the occasional hoof to no-one or the misplaced pass.

He's now playing with confidence and I think it's helped him to know that his position in the side is secure. Some players benefit from competition, I think Forsyth might have had a bit of a confidence crisis if we'd bought someone in to challenge him.

Anyway, at the moment he's shaping up to be our best left back since Chris Powell, I hope he keeps getting better.

Little change which has improved his game a lot is earlier crossing. He used to go much deeper under Clough, but this way it's much better. Not so long way back to line and with his pace that's helping lot. Credit to Mac and his crew for that.

Paul Connolly stuff :).

I watched whole game. He sure did one costly error when trying to play instead of hoofing it, but otherwise played very well. He should've watched it was Ings who was coming at him, not Vokes. Maybe too much confidence?

One error doesn't make bad defender though.

"With Harry, it's cool. We don't speak a lot and he doesn't care if I smile or if I know who the next team we play is..."

Quite a telling line given Monday's result and the feeling some QPR fans have that 'Arry failed to do is homework.

Hey guys. I've joined this forum to pretty much check up on the "Jocks" as you call us. 

Our LB is Whittaker & by far our weakest link in our squad. Mulgrew plays CDM with Brown now (although i hope he gets dropped for Darren Fletcher against the polish). 

How is Forsyth, Russell & Bryson doing ? (Never really understand why we don't play him) doing ? 

How is Forsyth, Russell & Bryson doing ? (Never really understand why we don't play him) doing ? 

Forsyth has come on leaps and bounds. Came to us as a left-back-who-used-to-be-a-winger and seemed to take a while to settle and gain confidence. Was our weak link for a while and targeted by the opposition as such. This season (since McClaren came in) he is, I would say, our most improved player and as his confidence has grown, so have his performances. Dangerous going forward with a wicked early cross on him. Still can be a little naive defensively at times, but certainly coming of age this season.

Russell arrived as the touted solution to our lack of a "20-a-season" striker but has been a bit stop-start with injuries. Arrived off the back off a broken leg, which he's subsequently suffered a recurrence of and has also recently just had surgery on a fractured cheek bone. When he has played, he's been used as a wide forward, often on the right which encourages him to cut inside a lot onto his favoured left foot. His work rate is excellent, he has a clinical finish when he gets in the right position and offers a lot more than some of our forwards in terms of tracking back and linking up with his team mates. I think a lot of fans would love to see him get a decent run of games (which he might get now that Jamie Ward looks to have picked up an injury).

Craig Bryson is (to use an annoying cliche) the engine of our midfield. His energy and desire over 90 minutes is simply phenomenal and his link-up play with the forwards has really improved this season. He's been given licence to push further up field due to our use of a dedicated defensive midfielder and has consequently added goals to his game. Links up well with Chris Martin and seems willing to run beyond him to pick up Martin's flick-ons and one-twos. Has a good understanding with Will Hughes in midfield as well. First name on the team sheet, for me.

Hey guys. I've joined this forum to pretty much check up on the "Jocks" as you call us. 

Our LB is Whittaker & by far our weakest link in our squad. Mulgrew plays CDM with Brown now (although i hope he gets dropped for Darren Fletcher against the polish). 

Forsyth has improved dramatically, must be putting himself in contention. Bryson has been excellent most of the season, benefits from playing a more attacking role off a quality target man. Russell has looked very good in parts but has struggled with some unfortunate injuries, so it's been stop start.

I don't know a great deal about your national side but I'd say you have three decent players here, all playing well in a successful side.

Forsyth has improved dramatically, must be putting himself in contention. Bryson has been excellent most of the season, benefits from playing a more attacking role off a quality target man. Russell has looked very good in parts but has struggled with some unfortunate injuries, so it's been stop start.

I don't know a great deal about your national side but I'd say you have three decent players here, all playing well in a successful side.

We haven't lost in a while think it was the English or Belgium that last beat us. Strachan is turning us into a passing team too which i'm guessing would suit Bryson. We have that youngster Ryan Gauld coming up though, still too young & inexperienced to play still & maloney is injured so would be nice to see Bryson get his chance. He started in our 1-0 away win in Norway actually looked a tad nervous though. I'm actually a Dundee United fan so i know Russell has the quality. 

That aside, do Derby ever get TV time ? would love to watch a Derby game. 

Archived