Sam Gallagher

Ambitious

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As hinted at in the article, the only way I can see this happening is if Sammon is sold. However, the Twittersphere seems to think that we are about to loan Thorne and we are only allowed five loanees in the matchday squad - Gallagher, Thorne, Whitbread, Bamford and Wisdom. That would indicate that Keane is not coming back. But even if that were the case, then I can't imagine SMC not wanting another centre half to replace him. So clearly, by adding 2+2 and getting 17, we're buying a top class centre back today. :D

Really wouldn't surprise me if Keane doesn't come back.

He won't get in the side ahead of Bucko/Keogh, and he has to content with Whitbread on the off-chance that anything happens to one of them as well. 

The bit I really liked in that article was the mention of Sunderland going back in for McCormack - if Leeds lose him then they really are fooked.

As hinted at in the article, the only way I can see this happening is if Sammon is sold. However, the Twittersphere seems to think that we are about to loan Thorne and we are only allowed five loanees in the matchday squad - Gallagher, Thorne, Whitbread, Bamford and Wisdom. That would indicate that Keane is not coming back. But even if that were the case, then I can't imagine SMC not wanting another centre half to replace him. So clearly, by adding 2+2 and getting 17, we're buying a top class centre back today. :D

Read in the other thread that McClaren wants Keane back but that he wants playing time. The whole 5 loan rule indicates that we won't be signing Gallagher on this basis as McClaren will require that 5th spot to secure Keane. 

If we do sign him though, do we need another attacking player? We already have Martin, Russell, Ward, Dawkins, Bamford and Bennett (if we sell Sammon). Having said that, he seems like a big lad, over 6ft, so would provide backup to Martin should he need resting.

I reckon Sammon has been a big asset off the bench. No co-incidence we've been scoring late and he's been coming on late. The opposition are tired and facing the fish clattering them and busting open holes for silkier players to exploit.

I think the gaffer realises this and for this reason I don't see the Sam Gallacher story being true. 

Archived