George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i before e except after c,  mate!

Agree with your sentiments though.

Spelling rules in English are utter ******** to be honest. This one in particular is quite funny 'i before e except after c':

Their

Sleigh

Neigh

Neighbour

Seismic

Leisure

...it's like a lot of "rules" in English in general. The nature of language is to change and evolve naturally through time, most "language rules" are just there are teaching tools, and to correct a native speaker who is understood is not only counter productive, but to be honest, academically wrong. That is, unless it can create obvious confusion, it should actually be considered wrong to correct a native speaker. It's not just pedantic, it actually goes against one of the most basic rules that defines what a language is.

I was always taught i before e except after c when the sound is ee.

It would be unfortunate if someone seized upon the opportunity to show that even the modified form doesn't work either. Of course, it would be fancier to explain that the rule is just nonsense in general. We're an odd species though, we need rules, even when they don't work.

Alberts right. The English language is rather ridiculous sometimes, don't you think?

I mean, take wba, what kind of stoopid word is that?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/thorne-going-nowhere-insist-west-72008I

I think it just means they'll want good money now, Apart from being ****** I can't see another reason they'd want to keep him.

Not a single quote from anyone at the club = ********.

According to Newspapers, Celtic made how many attempts to sign Russell?

Just read the mirror thing again he says " my hearts not at wba" sums it up for me!!

Hardly surprising really if Zoltan is typical of their fans. Just a small town in Oldbury.

If this Pearce guy is bit of an arse George might have shot himself and us in the foot. Money is power and some/most of these people don't like ultimatums. This is pretty much what George has done with what he has said. :(

I know he was very good when he came in and I'm expecting to get shot down for this as well.

IMaybe I'm being a bit old fashioned but is no-one else worried that a kid who has played  42 league games in his life and most of those in the Championship. is demanding first team premier league football or he goes.

Especially after they paid his wages for the time he was out injured.

Just saying if the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be going a bit mental at him.

Not doubting his feelings or even his right to move but don't know why he needed to do an article to "force" things. Leave it to his agent, Sam Rush, Chris Evans, whoever.

Launching a verbal volley like that, It's just given the whole episode potential to get messy.

Thorne will arrive at Moor Farm without having permission to be there, he will blame his agent and go back to West Brom with his tail between his legs and join Cardiff months later.

Archived