George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the plan.. We sign Thorne, Jr. Hoillet, and Caulker all on the same day, then let teams like Brentford, Rotherham, Forest, Birmingham, ETC.. Forfeit and SKY will crown us champs with half the season to go. :p

Just seen it. Can imagine Bailey and Thorne putting in all the ground work with those girls but Paddy Bamford coming in at the last minute and sealing the deal. He's that kind of player.

The truest words.

Just seen it. Can imagine Bailey and Thorne putting in all the ground work with those girls but Paddy Bamford coming in at the last minute and sealing the deal. He's that kind of player.

Bamford seems more like "best friend" potential to me, if you know what I mean...

Then again, we aristocratic folk do have a way with the ladies ;)

Bamford seems more like "best friend" potential to me, if you know what I mean...

Then again, we aristocratic folk do have it away a way with the ladies ;)

Fixed

Just so that you get the other side.  We also want to keep him.  Watford and Portsmouth also felt the same way about Thorne. 

http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=27545

Always good to get the other perspective on these things. 

TBH, I'd be amazed if you didn't want to keep a hold of him.

Can't see him getting first team playing time for you next season though - that coupled by him wanting to come to us, will hopefully (for us), prove decisive.

Just so that you get the other side.  We also want to keep him.  Watford and Portsmouth also felt the same way about Thorne. 

http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=27545

When a player wants to sign for another club though, nothing else really matters. Going by the noises our board are making, George wants to play for Derby 3 year contract at WBA or not.

I've never seen a bunch of fans be so far up their own backsides than reading that West Brom forum.

Seems they think they're some kind of force in the Premier league because they've had a couple of years in it.

Hope we sign Thorne, go up and they come down. That would be funny.

But it's not tapping it! The majority of transfers would be tapping up if that was an offence!

Oh I agree - just saying that we wouldn't be happy to have people at other clubs discussing our players in public. Happens of course, but I doubt we'd be too chuffed about it.

Archived