George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Glad. I'll change my tune if it's not done this week.

You see SRG this is the problem .

DCFC are so quiet on this it's frightening and us Rams fans are left in limbo .

DCFC are still hoping I'm sure that Thorne will sign but are probably afraid to tell us if he isn't !

Then again WBA don't want to lose face on this either.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't at all consider myself ITK, and I am getting a bit bored of this thread but last night my mate who works at derby county, and sees backroom staff weekly told me what has been said frequently on here. Thorne is coming, said wages are still being negotiated with Thorne with him wanting nearer 20k a week, price still being finalised with west brom. It's moving steadily and derby fans need to be patient. He never lies about derby and it was the first time I have seen him in three months so this was the first time he has mentioned this to me. Take from it what you want!

Don't at all consider myself ITK, and I am getting a bit bored of this thread but last night my mate who works at derby county, and sees backroom staff weekly told me what has been said frequently on here. Thorne is coming, said wages are still being negotiated with Thorne with him wanting nearer 20k a week, price still being finalised with west brom. It's moving steadily and derby fans need to be patient. He never lies about derby and it was the first time I have seen him in three months so this was the first time he has mentioned this to me. Take from it what you want!

if i had a pound for every time ive read something like this on this 258 thread id buy thorne myself

You see he could be right but all this cloak and dagger stuff is getting ridiculous.

We need a statement from DCFC.

I know it's been said all before and I am bored of it as well! Just thought I'd put what he said because it backs up what others have said. And I agree, the sooner dcfc have made a statement the better because it's dragging

You see SRG this is the problem .

DCFC are so quiet on this it's frightening and us Rams fans are left in limbo .

DCFC are still hoping I'm sure that Thorne will sign but are probably afraid to tell us if he isn't !

Then again WBA don't want to lose face on this either.

They have no duty to say anything on this. They said they will be doing what they can to sign him, and if that changed, someone would say something. Beyond that, you can hardly expect to be told anything.

This week just makes sense. We are about to go to Austria and WBA to America.

Well the IKTers have done a runner ?

Maybe there's nothing new to tell us. They said last week or the week coming - nothing has changed so why say anything?

I went to the post season fans forum and Sam Rush said DCFC were going to sign Thorne but gave no promises.

At the end of the day to be fair we still don't have a clue what's happening and we can only guess.

It depends on so many things.

Does Thorne want to come to Derby still

Are the terms right for Thorne

Is the fee right for WBA

Can Derby match the fee Etc etc etc.

It's dragging on and on.

We need a statement from DCFC.

What sort of statement are you expecting?

DET has said we are going to bid again this week so what more do we need to know?

The club will have a few backup players if we dont get Thorne so no need to worry.

I expect the silence from us is because coming out publically in the fans forum and Thornes interview has only gone to help slow matters and make WBA even more stubborn. If we were to come out and say we want him publically again then WBA will just dig their heels in even more.

For us to still hold an interest suggests that WBA have given us an idea of the price they will sell at otherwise we would be wasting our time which I dont think we would do.

This week we will know either way if Thorne is coming to us or if he is going to cost us too much in which case we move on...but personally I fully expect Thorne to be in the Rams shirt against Rotherham.

They have no duty to say anything on this. They said they will be doing what they can to sign him, and if that changed, someone would say something. Beyond that, you can hardly expect to be told anything.

This week just makes sense. We are about to go to Austria and WBA to America.

I do agree that we are going to Austria and WBA are going to America but why should that alter anything really because their not going for long.

When does the transfer window close 31st August !

I've been on an all day-er since 12 yesterday and I vaguely remember a mate sticking something on Facebook saying he's signing this week done deal. Do the trillion pages on this thread I can't be arsed to read for with this rumour???

Has anybody told West Brom it's a done deal though?  Why would they play him in preference to another of their players if they knew he was leaving?

I went to the post season fans forum and Sam Rush said DCFC were going to sign Thorne but gave no promises.

At the end of the day to be fair we still don't have a clue what's happening and we can only guess.

It depends on so many things.

Does Thorne want to come to Derby still - Yes as we can see from all the favouriting of Derby tweets

Are the terms right for Thorne - I doubt he's on tons at West Brom so yes we could probably match/improve his contract

Is the fee right for WBA - No, but we can hopefully make an offer that is

Can Derby match the fee Etc etc etc. 

It's dragging on and on.

A lot of transfers do drag on, look at Bale to Madrid last season. The reports about him being close to signing started at the beginning of the window but he didn't sign until the very last day of the window. No point us giving up on our main target because, 'it's dragging on' 

A lot of transfers do drag on, look at Bale to Madrid last season. The reports about him being close to signing started at the beginning of the window but he didn't sign until the very last day of the window. No point us giving up on our main target because, 'it's dragging on'

I would think WBA want in excess of 3 Million nearing 4million for a young player of his talents so why keep perusing him and not look elsewhere !

Derby can't offer

Archived