George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so having watched this transfer closely i have my own theory as to whats going on:

So far there has been no third bid, every bid we've made so far has been publicized, no reason to think the third bid wont be

The third bid will be made on Monday by the sounds of it (Owen Bradley), to me this makes complete sense. Alot of you may be thinking "why so long between the second and third bid?". Well maybe we wanted to wait until WBA were back in training and Irvine had a chance to sit down with Thorne and assess where he's at with him, i think we were expecting (as was i) the talks to then make Irvine see that he really doesn't want to be there. This has been confirmed by the press release this morning, WBA have changed their tune from "not for sale" to "for sale at the right price"

This now plays into our hands a little bit, Irvine will have been in Peaces ear saying he doesn't want Thorne around if he doesn't want to be there, this will increase the pressure slightly on Peace to get rid if we come back with a final increased offer on Monday, anything around the

Such impatience. Wouldn't like you negotiating a hostage fee. ;)

This isnt a hostage situation.

We can hardly send in food that will give them all the shiits.

I like the cut of your jib Derbados.

Careful........

Or you'll find yourself doing 9 months for touching his bottom.

Ok, so having watched this transfer closely i have my own theory as to whats going on: 

So far there has been no third bid, every bid we've made so far has been publicized, no reason to think the third bid wont be

The third bid will be made on Monday by the sounds of it (Owen Bradley), to me this makes complete sense. Alot of you may be thinking "why so long between the second and third bid?". Well maybe we wanted to wait until WBA were back in training and Irvine had a chance to sit down with Thorne and assess where he's at with him, i think we were expecting (as was i) the talks to then make Irvine see that he really doesn't want to be there. This has been confirmed by the press release this morning, WBA have changed their tune from "not for sale" to "for sale at the right price" 

This now plays into our hands a little bit, Irvine will have been in Peaces ear saying he doesn't want Thorne around if he doesn't want to be there, this will increase the pressure slightly on Peace to get rid if we come back with a final increased offer on Monday, anything around the

You know this for a fact do you ? .Just remember also that Peace could not do a Man City and flount fair play rules by bankrolling the club himself, he does not have the cash.

Peace doesn't bankroll the club? Give this man a prize for stating the bleeding obvious.

However we have little if any debt so should we ever go down we will be under no pressure to sell players "on the cheap"

I don't claim to be itk on players contracts but it is generally known by local media etc that some WBA players will have a cut back in their salary if they are relegated

Why would they give game time to someone who is about to leave, when they have other players who will want the game time?

True i see what your saying, but at the minute he's not going anywhere! like i said i am 99% sure we haven't made a third bid yet, so as it stands he's still very much apart of their squad and until that changes he will be treated as such i imagine. For whatever reason if this transfer doesn't happen, they're not exactly going to want an unfit player on their books, i expect Thorne to be in their match day squad if we don't sign him. I fully expect him to play tomorrow - at least 45 minutes 

He means done and dusted with Thorne. We've got the personal terms sorted with him. That's the easy bit though. WBA are the hard part.

Surely a fee would have to be agreed before the player can discuss personal terms

Nope. They can agree personal terms just look at Alexis Sanchez and Ivan Rakitic they agreed personal terms then clubs agreed fee.

Surely a fee would have to be agreed before the player can discuss personal terms

I have to agree, otherwise that would be tapping up surely? The only way i can see that happening is that it was agreed "in principle" in a quiet corner of the ipro when he was here on loan

Nope. They can agree personal terms just look at Alexis Sanchez and Ivan Rakitic they agreed personal terms then clubs agreed fee.

They can't approach the player without West Brom's permission. Why would they give permission without a fee being agreed? They want to keep him & are already pissed off about the stuff Thorne has said publicly. 

They can't approach the player without West Brom's permission. Why would they give permission without a fee being agreed? They want to keep him & are already pissed off about the stuff Thorne has said publicly.

No point agreeing a fee with WBA if Thorne won't agree with us.

They don't want to keep him, they just want top dolla for him

Archived