George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we do need a striker that can hold the ball up, but in terms of our starting XI there is really only two positions that need addressing. Martin's cover is going to be a hard one, in fact, almost impossible IMO.

We've got to sign someone, who's good and can play in a top Championship side with a decent desire, but know he's going to be second choice for much of the season. I've racked my brain for who I'd personally bring in and still have no idea.

Incredibly difficult, especially for players that know our team/system...etc

The easy solution to this, in my opinion, is to bring somebody in to challenge Martin for that lone spot upfront. Don't want anybody in our side becoming complacent and I thought Juke would have been the sort of striker who had the attributes to be able to hold the ball up much like Martin. This is why I didn't bulk when I saw that we'd bid over

The easy solution to this, in my opinion, is to bring somebody in to challenge Martin for that lone spot upfront. Don't want anybody in our side becoming complacent and I thought Juke would have been the sort of striker who had the attributes to be able to hold the ball up much like Martin. This is why I didn't bulk when I saw that we'd bid over

PistoldPete2

Whole lotta waffle and not much to report....concerned.

The DET today said much and said nothing really. We havent made another bid for Thorne, we bid for Francis ages ago and told he wasnt for sale, McClean looks like a red herring etc etc. Not looking likely we will get Wisdom either. But like I say we are basically trying to fill the 3 slots we filled with loan players RB, ST and DM. Even if we start season without any of these being filled we would be in no worse position than start of last year, and there's still the loan market to tap.     

TobyWanKenobi

I'd love him to sign, but I just want this saga to be over now one way or the other.

It's needs someone at West Brom to come out and say "Look here's the price, pay it or pi$$ off."

I'm surprised a pharmaceutical company that sells heart medication doesn't advertise on this board. 

Last thing I look at before bed and first thing I look at when I wake up. I have been following this thread religiously.  Sadly, in 138 pages there's been about 3 sentences of relevant information.

That said, I've appreciated the grammar discussion.

Last thing I look at before bed and first thing I look at when I wake up. I have been following this thread religiously.  Sadly, in 138 pages there's been about 3 sentences of relevant information.

That said, I've appreciated the grammar discussion.

I'm 8 hours behind UK time so I get the morning's updates just as I go to bed... I've managed to resist the temptation to get excited about random Twitter speculation, lack of signings at this stage and agents/rival owners/journalists stirring up rumors. 

I'm quite happy that we haven't lost any players from last year, apart from the loanees. I trust Rush, I trust the Mac and his team, and I trust the ownership. They'll do what's right.

I'm 8 hours behind UK time so I get the morning's updates just as I go to bed... I've managed to resist the temptation to get excited about random Twitter speculation, lack of signings at this stage and agents/rival owners/journalists stirring up rumors. 

I'm quite happy that we haven't lost any players from last year, apart from the loanees. I trust Rush, I trust the Mac and his team, and I trust the ownership. They'll do what's right.

Where are you from? I'm also 8 hrs behind

That said, I've appreciated the punctuation discussion.

FTFY

Absolutely, I was exactly the same but I think it's still hard to convince a player, that knows the situation, that he'll get a lot of game time. 

I'd argue our best chance is finding someone young, who will fight for that position and of good quality, or someone foreign that probably doesn't know the set-up.

I think signing anyone for cover is poor business (though I understand signings like Naylor as they know the score and are happy to be paid presumably peanuts to benchwarm).

I think if Mac was to speak to Juke and tell him that we're looking at hopefully 50+ games this season (good cup runs) he will be given his chances and if he takes them and Martin isn't taking his then he gets the nod ahead of him.

Archived