The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was Doughty ever popular @ the CG?

He polarised opinion big time. Some just loved him for his financial input and some despised him for overseeing our demise into League One and not backing the manager at crucial times. He got a LOT of criticism on different forums but only once or twice did the fans really chant against him from my recollection. The protest when he resigned was a noisy minority. He never had his name chanted though which says a lot.

My own personal opinion was he had good intentions but just made too many errors which resulted in poor results and a lot of his investment going down the pan which lead to his regime ultimately being a failure. No-one must have been more frustrated at this than him and he did recognise his errors by stepping down as chairman. He should have backed different managers more at key times and he certainly was very astute at playing the media and using spin to paint himself in a good light.

The way he died so prematurely was a horrible tragedy and it was very sad the last time he left the club it was under an aswful cloud.

I went last night, brilliant second half performance and it was nice to see us be clinical for a change. Throughly deserved to win and it was good to see Majewski grasp his chance with both hands and impress.

It is going to be one exciting run in but I do keep on fearing that we will experience a Davies slump as happened in the spring with us twice and also you. We'll see but we look good now and the next two league games against Leicester and Burnley will really show if we're up to the mark and can challenge for the top 2.

Out of interest does part of you worry about going up. I know you would not be as bad as you were last time but it would be hard to see past Forest or Derby struggling next season. Once the novelty of Premier League football wears off and we are paying a fortune to see a struggling side that probably has in excess of a 50% chance of being relegated, it will not be enjoyable. Being a good Championship side is pretty enjoyable.

Or am I just a miserable so and so?

We won't be paying a fortune if we renew season tickets now • only a slight increase and if we go up we get half back.

Chairman that doesn't rip fans off is a rare treat

I went last night, brilliant second half performance and it was nice to see us be clinical for a change. Throughly deserved to win and it was good to see Majewski grasp his chance with both hands and impress.

It is going to be one exciting run in but I do keep on fearing that we will experience a Davies slump as happened in the spring with us twice and also you. We'll see but we look good now and the next two league games against Leicester and Burnley will really show if we're up to the mark and can challenge for the top 2.

Out of interest does part of you worry about going up. I know you would not be as bad as you were last time but it would be hard to see past Forest or Derby struggling next season. Once the novelty of Premier League football wears off and we are paying a fortune to see a struggling side that probably has in excess of a 50% chance of being relegated, it will not be enjoyable. Being a good Championship side is pretty enjoyable.

Or am I just a miserable so and so?

Good post ,no I don't think you are being miserable.I like the Championship also, under Jim Smith we did establish ourselves in the Prem so it can be done for a club the size of Forest/Derby  but unfortunately neither of us will win the top league again bar a second coming.

Even with a second coming neither of us will ever win the league again. Brian broke transfer records a few times. No way either East Mids club would ever be able to compete with £30m and £40m signings now, no matter who is managing.

It's alright though - seeing as we have no chance of competing on transfer fees, we can just focus everything on the Academy and get a team full of great players that way.....oh wait, no, they've even stacked that deck in favour of the elite clubs by letting them snap up talent for peanuts.

Genius.

At times I think that the best thing that could possibly happen to the game in this country is that the football league just fooks the Premier League and Sky off.

Them beating Huddersfield away 3-0 matches any of our away games this season.

Leeds may have tonked them at Elland Road, but Huddersfield were at home and have a solid home record - losing only three before last night.

I expected Forest to scrape a draw or something, but comfortably winning 3-0 and being the better team was impressive.

Gotta give it to Davros, he's dragging them up there and at the moment they don't look like losing a game. 

Their next three games are tough though and will be an examination of their automatic promotion hopes.

Huddersfield have lost 5 out of their last 8 games.

Lucky forest, playing teams out of form.

It's alright though - seeing as we have no chance of competing on transfer fees, we can just focus everything on the Academy and get a team full of great players that way.....oh wait, no, they've even stacked that deck in favour of the elite clubs by letting them snap up talent for peanuts. Genius. At times I think that the best thing that could possibly happen to the game in this country is that the football league just fooks the Premier League and Sky off.
Top 6 to fuk off and create a 'super duper European premier champions best league in the world' league and let the rest of us get on with it. And when they come crawling back with their tails between their legs, tell them to 'fuk off and play in Scotland'

Don't disagree with any of that. I expected a draw at best. But Huddersfield do seen to be one of those teams that is prone to a collapse. Otherwise they'd be doing a lot better.

So I'll reserve judgement until after the next few games.

I'll give them a big sloppy kiss if they can beat Burnley for us though.

Prefer the draw all round :D

Signings are not McClaren's forte either based on his time at Forest and Middlesbrough.

In all fairness at Forest he was not given the money he expected and we ended with panic buys like Derbyshire and Miller. At Middlesbrough he made some high profile mistakes as well at huge fees.

To be fair to him, he might have made some baduns at Boro, but whatever he was doing, it was mostly working. He was never fired. Left for the England job. Everyone has a few bad signings in their locker. We're always arguing about whether or not Clough was good at signing players, because the bad signings always seem to stand out.

He must have just got all his bad signings done in one go with Forest.

Top 6 to fuk off and create a 'super duper European premier champions best league in the world' league and let the rest of us get on with it. And when they come crawling back with their tails between their legs, tell them to 'fuk off and play in Scotland'

Amen

Play offs are not a lottery

Ad is only used by fans as a safeguard if they don't win them

Of course they are.. This isn't the Champions League where there is a clear difference in class between Real Madrid and Galatasary despite both reaching the latter stages.

There is literally next to nothing between any of the sides that ever make the playoffs.

The games can be decided by just about anything, from a wondergoal, to a defensive mistake, to the weather to the referee. 

If Derby qualify for the playoffs (looking likely) it really wouldn't matter if we come up against Forest, Reading, Brighton, Ipswich, Burnley or QPR. Each team we can beat, and eacteam can easily beat us.

If we played Reading 10 times who knows what the out come would be. Win 4 draw 2 lose 4? Who knows?

But If Barcelona face Manchester United in the last four in the Champions League, you can guarantee Barca would win at least 7 out of the 10 games.

Of course they are.. This isn't the Champions League where there is a clear difference in class between Real Madrid and Galatasary despite both reaching the latter stages.

There is literally next to nothing between any of the sides that ever make the playoffs.

The games can be decided by just about anything, from a wondergoal, to a defensive mistake, to the weather to the referee.

If Derby qualify for the playoffs (looking likely) it really wouldn't matter if we come up against Forest, Reading, Brighton, Ipswich, Burnley or QPR. Each team we can beat, and eacteam can easily beat us.

If we played Reading 10 times who knows what the out come would be. Win 4 draw 2 lose 4? Who knows?

But If Barcelona face Manchester United in the last four in the Champions League, you can guarantee Barca would win at least 7 out of the 10 games.

I bet your one of these that says 'form goes out the window when it's a derby' as well

Another load of tosh :)

It's alright though - seeing as we have no chance of competing on transfer fees, we can just focus everything on the Academy and get a team full of great players that way.....oh wait, no, they've even stacked that deck in favour of the elite clubs by letting them snap up talent for peanuts.

Genius.

At times I think that the best thing that could possibly happen to the game in this country is that the football league just fooks the Premier League and Sky off.

Do you think the money in football will ever dry up? It is very fashionable now especially abroad but people tend to forget how unfashionable it once was!

Do you think the money in football will ever dry up? It is very fashionable now especially abroad but people tend to forget how unfashionable it once was!

You'd like to think that things would come to a head and the bubble would burst eventually, but who knows. FFP sounded like a good idea once, but I'm sure clubs are just sitting there right now coming up with novel and creative ways to circumvent the rules.

They came, they saw, the fooked it up.

Like that scene in that stupid Scary Movie film where a few people are nicking cream off the top of a cake. Then some deformed bloke puts his messed up hand straight through it.

Archived