The demise of Forest

ladyram

In principle I agree but the demands of the modern game make it nigh on impossible to go through a 50 game season in all competitions with only 15 or so players.

Didn't you just say the reserve team was out last night? That means you have at least 22 players?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In principle I agree but the demands of the modern game make it nigh on impossible to go through a 50 game season in all competitions with only 15 or so players.

You've got about 40.

Didn't you just say the reserve team was out last night? That means you have at least 22 players?

What? The reserve team was out because the same 13/14 players can't do a whole season without injury. Unlike back in Cloughies day. That's why Pearce did it I assume.

What? The reserve team was out because the same 13/14 players can't do a whole season without injury. Unlike back in Cloughies day. That's why Pearce did it I assume.

I've heard it all now.

A gump using injuries as the excuse for a cup defeat when they haven't actually got any injuries.

A Championship club with zero chance of winning the competition.

Well that's it then they may as well just let man city and chelsea play in a one off match then.

Stupid comment.

I thought it was very disrespectful to spurs, feilding that team and you got what you deserved, I could understand it if you were top after 20 odd games but ffs your 7 games in and you only played one decent team, at home who ended up with 10 men and you couldn't beat them.

Tbf, they were never going to get anything at Spurs. The gulf (not Persian, Haha), is too big for championship sides. Look at Wendy v Citeh... I can only think of Derby who could thrash most Prem sides atm.

But on their day, city have beaten prem teams by 7. I don't think the gulf is that big really. So that's not necessarily indicative of a gulf in class.

A lower league team like forest can keep a higher league team like Spurs at bay, if they set up right, and aren't total crap. Every dog has its day.

Ah yes. The bookies favourite that play liquid football and have the division's best striker, the division's best centre half and Barcelona target in midfield. Can't believe we have the audacity to be above them in the league

After 7 games!!!, where are southampton in the prem at the mo. I'll have

Here we go again. This cost a few forest fans a few quid last season, and made s few charities a bit of money.

It did. Poor old Dawny even paid double the said amount due to the gap between the sides - top bloke for doing it. 

I'm not much of a betting man but I'll donate a score to a charity of your choice in May if you finish above us.

I'm more, more, more, more, more than happy to take on that offer.  :)

Hate to be a party pooper here but why is everyone so confident we will finish above the red dogs? I have no doubt we are a much better footballing team but a lot of teams have shown that you can get promoted from this division playing the brand of football that Pearce has them playing.

Why would Forest want a trophy and a European campaign when they could be in with a chance of fighting premier league relegation next season?

Won't cry if we're knocked out the cups but jeez, all of football thinks the cups are worthless just because the top 4 haven't got time for them with Champions League fixtures.

I've got some breaking news lads, we aren't the top 4.

These are the only trophies that can be won.

Hate to be a party pooper here but why is everyone so confident we will finish above the red dogs? I have no doubt we are a much better footballing team but a lot of teams have shown that you can get promoted from this division playing the brand of football that Pearce has them playing.

The better teams almost always come out on top. I'm not even sweating. I probably wouldn't make this bet with a Norwich fan though  :ph34r:  :lol:

Archived