The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of strikers have made the step up. We would not have invested such a massive sum of money unless we were really sure.

Maybe not 20 goals but around 15.

Plenty haven't.

An absurd amount of money either way. You could have found a proven striker for a quarter of that.

There is a great piece on Summer Transfer thread this evening, from the good Reverend, which should be read in conjunction with the Gump's massive gamble on BrittAss. Much laughing and singing, and happy clapping going on in Watford tonight.

Plenty of strikers have made the step up. We would not have invested such a massive sum of money unless we were really sure.

Maybe not 20 goals but around 15.

Absolutely, but I think you can find a lot more that haven't.

Is there any difference between Paddy Madden 12 months ago and Assom... now - take away the huge fee? 

It's an unbelievable gamble on your part. Okay, Pearce has seen him play but I guess it comes down to how much you trust his ability to spot a striker that can step up. I still scratch my head at the thought of him picking Sordell for the England Under-21s. 

I can't believe it.

Just what are they thinking? They've gone beyond mad and their chairman needs ousting from his position for the good of the club. Hate Forest or not, I don't want any club let alone one that is an original of the football league going under.

A simply woeful buy. He's pacey with a good finish. So he would be good for a team playing it on the deck and getting into attacking positions to play in slide-rule passes to feet.

But Staurt Pearce plays hoofball.

So.... This is going to turn out to be an utter nightmare for them and at 5.5m they will struggle to recover.

Antonio, who is a player I like by the way, is not the type of player that will fit in with Assombowhatshisname either.

A few telling stats from Antonio last season:

Appearances: 27

Goals: 4

Assists: 3

Right, here are the more telling stats behind the numbers.

Shots per game: 2.7 - huge for a winger, the highest in the Wednesday team and higher than ANY of our players. 

Pass Accuracy: 66.1% - incredibly poor, among the worst in the Championship. 

Successful dribbles: 1.8 - among the highest in the division. However, he is dispossessed 3.1 times a game, stunning for a winger, that.

However, the biggest and most disappointing stats that really fly in the face of whatshisface needs is the following three...

Chances created per game: 0.9 - the same as Stephen Warnock at Leeds.

Avg. Passes per game: 17.9 - for a player with just THREE sub appearances to his name, that his bizarre and really poor.

and finally, 102 attempted crosses and only 20 landed. In fairness, that's about the same as Abdoun so at least they haven't gone backwards in that respect. 

Stats don't tell the whole story, no I do agree, but they can certainly paint a picture of what to expect from a player. I guarantee the prozone stats on Antonio weren't looked at before signing, in fact, I'd bet my house on it.

Stats don't tell the whole story, you're right. But from what I've seen of Antonio he's just a ball carrier. I'd say he's greedy, tricky and fast. He's too direct. Sound stupid but when you watch him run into dead ends constantly you do start to wonder if he's aware he has teammates. He's basically stupid. Your stats are no surprise and they back up exactly what I thought of him.

I'd expect a competent and quick full back to direct him into a dead end quite easily. He's just Nathan Tyson.

Antonio, who is a player I like by the way, is not the type of player that will fit in with Assombowhatshisname either.

A few telling stats from Antonio last season:

Appearances: 27

Goals: 4

Assists: 3

Right, here are the more telling stats behind the numbers.

Shots per game: 2.7 - huge for a winger, the highest in the Wednesday team and higher than ANY of our players.

Pass Accuracy: 66.1% - incredibly poor, among the worst in the Championship.

Successful dribbles: 1.8 - among the highest in the division. However, he is dispossessed 3.1 times a game, stunning for a winger, that.

However, the biggest and most disappointing stats that really fly in the face of whatshisface needs is the following three...

Chances created per game: 0.9 - the same as Stephen Warnock at Leeds.

Avg. Passes per game: 17.9 - for a player with just THREE sub appearances to his name, that his bizarre and really poor.

and finally, 102 attempted crosses and only 20 landed. In fairness, that's about the same as Abdoun so at least they haven't gone backwards in that respect.

Stats don't tell the whole story, no I do agree, but they can certainly paint a picture of what to expect from a player. I guarantee the prozone stats on Antonio weren't looked at before signing, in fact, I'd bet my house on it.

You and your stats lol

You and your stats lol

They are consistent with the view that he's pretty much a ball carrier with little end product.

I wouldn't mind him at Derby. Wouldn't be excited either though. He's greedier than Ward. That's unhealthy.

Never seen that other lad play. Expensive but if you can afford it then so what? Do you think you'll sell anymore?

They are consistent with the view that he's pretty much a ball carrier with little end product.

I wouldn't mind him at Derby. Wouldn't be excited either though. He's greedier than Ward. That's unhealthy.

Never seen that other lad play. Expensive but if you can afford it then so what? Do you think you'll sell anymore?

Mackie loan

Cox sell

Collins sell

Harding maybe?

I've always been impressed by Antonio but I think them stats are very telling. I think it was him that had Wisdoms pants round his ankles at Hillsborough last season but, thinking back, I don't remember any end product. Also remember him having a stormer in the opening game of the previous season in the 2-2 draw. If he works on his end product he could be a good signing.

Know nothing about the other guy but

You jest slightly but it isn't far from the truth. Forest aren't the first to pay over the odds for a player from the lower leagues and they won't be the last. Everyones at it these days.........except us, we're minding our own business, sitting in the corner, with a cup of tea and a biscuit (hobnob, most likely) waiting for all this madness to blow over.

You mean we're at the Winchester?

Archived