The demise of Forest

ladyram

Reid's last season next year? A lot of talk of our players being nicked, but if Lansbury's as good as they make out surely there's just as much of a chance he'll be off?

What will you do without having a Lansbury or Reid longshot to dig you out a hole?

Lansbury has two years left on his contract, he will not be going anywhere unless it is for a hefty fee.

I don't think he's quite good enough for the Premier League yet, despite the potential he has.

Darlow and Lascelles will attract interest though but again they will only leave on our terms, rather like Andy Reid did when we sold him to Spurs in 2005.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been under 3 or 4 winding up orders, failed to pay some big clubs for loans so they'll be wary of loaning to us in future, neglected the maintenance on the stadium for the nth year running....

Oh, wait....

Didn't pay their local rivals for the tickets that sold….

Lansbury has two years left on his contract, he will not be going anywhere unless it is for a hefty fee.

I don't think he's quite good enough for the Premier League yet, despite the potential he has.

Darlow and Lascelles will attract interest though but again they will only leave on our terms, rather like Andy Reid did when we sold him to Spurs in 2005.[/quote

Apparently lansburys girlfriend wants a move back to London,that's were he is now close season,was informed of this by two of my florist m8s! Don't know if it's true but there not usually to far off the mark with there Intel!

Forest won't make the playoffs next season. Let's be honest, they're bang average.

They have no style whatsoever, lack pace all over the pitch and are one of a number of clueless Championship teams which simply hoof the ball up to the striker, hope it lands at the feet of a winger, aim a cross and hope to get lucky.

Their football is hideous, their players are hideous and the thought of Greg Halford and Darius Henderson leading the line makes me want to be sick.

And I've not even mentioned the dull as dishwater boss they have. Stuart Pearce is so clueless that Gareth Southgate has actually dramatically improved the England U21 team since he left.

oh has he got them to a final as well

oh has he got them to a final as well

Every slow dog has its day, otehrwise they wouldn't be a football manager.

What's horrific is Forest actually believing that Stuart Pearce will take them places.

Answer me this seriously, who are you (your team)? I'm not referring to a name, trophies won in the past etc... I'm referring to the present and you're squad... Who are you exactly?

I see no style, no foundations, no tactical system, no particular brand of player to fit a system...

You have a squad made up of a bunch of has beens or bang average players and Stuart Pearce will just train them to pass it around, throw in some long balls and probably just do shooting practice...

You have nothing, and you're games next season will range from an average 2-1 win thanks to rubbish goals or set pieces, a backs-to-the-wall draw away from home and a load of comfortable losses where your team represents one that doesn't have any guidance or direction.

I'm extremely looking forward to watching Derby rip Forest apart again with fast, direct football. 

Your objective is clear: Promotion: But your team has absolutely no clue on how to get there. You will probably spend around $5m this summer on a new striker, a new winger and a new centre-mid, and then play exactly the same kind of clueless football which won't get you anywhere.

Every slow dog has its day, otehrwise they wouldn't be a football manager.

What's horrific is Forest actually believing that Stuart Pearce will take them places.

Answer me this seriously, who are you (your team)? I'm not referring to a name, trophies won in the past etc... I'm referring to the present and you're squad... Who are you exactly?

I see no style, no foundations, no tactical system, no particular brand of player to fit a system...

You have a squad made up of a bunch of has beens or bang average players and Stuart Pearce will just train them to pass it around, throw in some long balls and probably just do shooting practice...

You have nothing, and you're games next season will range from an average 2-1 win thanks to rubbish goals or set pieces, a backs-to-the-wall draw away from home and a load of comfortable losses where your team represents one that doesn't have any guidance or direction.

I'm extremely looking forward to watching Derby rip Forest apart again with fast, direct football.

Your objective is clear: Promotion: But your team has absolutely no clue on how to get there. You will probably spend around $5m this summer on a new striker, a new winger and a new centre-mid, and then play exactly the same kind of clueless football which won't get you anywhere.

Pearce coming home and not too dissimilar to u getting mclaren. Why you feel it's so inevitable that Pearce will fail I can't understand. He hasn't had the success that mclaren has had but he certainly hasn't failed so emphatically like mclaren has either. Time will tell.

Concerning your 'who are we' comment. I think I get what you mean. Your right we have no vision. It is a case of when we get rid of a manager it's an whole new set up coming in with a new outlook, philosophy, tactics, set up, players etc. We should have an identity as a club and then you get managers, staff and players that fit into that identity. Then when the inevitably happens and the manager leaves or gets sacked it doesn't disrupt the whole club. I said words to this effect on our own forum and it's surprising how many fans don't get what I am saying.

Has for average players lol. Glad you think that. You should finish way above us next season then. Although I am abit concerns by your lots expectations of us on here. Some say we should get 2nd with a squad like ours and there should be no excuses if we don't. Then there's your expectation that we have average players and has beens. Not sure which I should be aiming at but I guess your lot have all you bases covered now for every eventuality next season.

I don't know what pearces football will be like next season but he's educated himself very well within the footballing world and gained great contacts abit like what mclaren has done.

We need a striker that is clear. If we keep all our players and buy a striker I ll be happy.

There's a couple of fundamental differences between Derby and Forest at the moment.

1. Derby are a well-run club as opposed to a complete and utter shambles run by a fan who thinks that he can re-boot when he doesn't like a result.

2. Derby are not likely to be operating under a transfer embargo after next January.

Same as yours I guess.

Didn't get promoted

Beat our local rivals

Got their manager the sack

See you next season, honours even.

Difference being, when you got out manager sacked we replaced him with an infinitely better head coach who's turned the club around and has us as next years favourites (at this stage).

You've just replaced a poisonous manager with an average manager.

Difference being, when you got out manager sacked we replaced him with an infinitely better head coach who's turned the club around and has us as next years favourites (at this stage).

You've just replaced a poisonous manager with an average manager.

Nigel would have won that final. He's the one I feel for, seeing his work ruined by McClown

Nigel would have won that final. He's the one I feel for, seeing his work ruined by McClaren

Red Dawn gets a yawn from me...

Nigel wouldn't have won that final because we wouldn't even have got there in the first place, our season would've been over in March, just like yours :D

Managers Head to Head

SP 166 matches as manager and a 39.16% win ratio, runner up and 3rd place for Under 21 most noteable achievements

SM 505 matches as manager and a 45.74% win ratio, includes a shocking stint at Forest and Wolfsburg, 2 major achievements as a manager and 7 as assistant.

Kinda says it all, Steve can deliver, Pearce never has.

You'd be sat here waiting upon the fixture list for Old Trafford Emirates and Erm.. The Liberty Stadium.

Poor Nige

Whilst you are sat there wondering when the next winding up notice will land and if Pearce will turn up on the 1st July or will he run off with a brazillian lady-boy called Roy.

You'd be sat here waiting upon the fixture list for Old Trafford Emirates and Erm.. The Liberty Stadium.

Poor Nige

Better than waiting for your next inevitable day in court, or the next inevitable transfer embargo - or the next inevitable knee-jerk sacking.

Archived