The demise of Forest

ladyram

Ten men. They only had ten men

Worst thing that could have happened in many ways. They went from playing a generally open game to one where they had everyone sit in and play on the counter. We've struggled against teams who've played that way against us during they season - Millwall, Wigan etc.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst thing that could have happened in many ways. They went from playing a generally open game to one where they had everyone sit in and play on the counter. We've struggled against teams who've played that way against us during they season - Millwall, Wigan etc.

Indeed, a similar thing happeend to us when Swansea were reduced to 10 men in the play-off semi final 1st leg in 2011.

It can galvanise teams or they can just fall apart.

Indeed, a similar thing happeend to us when Swansea were reduced to 10 men in the play-off semi final 1st leg in 2011.

It can galvanise teams or they can just fall apart.

They were on the ropes for about 5 minutes after the ending off, but they organised up after that. We had plenty of half chances but they restricted us very well. Got absolutely no joy with anything that went into the box in the air - Dunne was outstanding.

Just watched the Football League Show highlights and Redknapp was such a clueless cnut that Clint Hill subbed himself to keep Junior Hoilett on as he realised they needed an willing runner.  And to think the masses actually wanted that droopy -faced, tax dodging barsteward to be England manager...

One thing Forest will be grateful for next season.

They might manage to nearly sell out a game again.

Imagine we've put up there season tickets sales by about 500 after yesterday's result ;)

Master - Apprentice

Harry kept QPR organised

Steve just didn't have a plan B

Against ten men he should really have gone for it.

Just because we didn't start hoofing the ball forward at every opportunity didn't mean we didn't go for it.  We were camped in their half the minute O'Neill got sent off...  I think the only b0ll0ck Schteve dropped was taking Russell off for Dawkins, should've hooked Ward instead.

As for Redknapp, see my previous post, the guys a ******* clown and a tax dodging one at that...  Master my 'arris!!!

^^ Nah.

As I said before - I doubt we'll be hearing about the 1-0 game for the next couple of decades. I'd imagine you'll be hearing plenty about getting spanked 5-0 for decades to come. :)

I will make sure of it. :)

At the end of the day it is even Steven.

We both failed to get promoted and we both beat each other once. We did progress further in the FA Cup though.

If at the start of the season you offered Derby fans 3rd in the league, beat our records points total, top scorers, beat Forest 5-0 but fail to go up I think most of us would have taken it

If at the start of the season you offered Forest fans 11th in the league, 20 points behind Derby and 'King Billy' was sacked you'd all have laughed at the offer

F*ck knows how any Forest fans feel they have the right to take digs  :lol:

^^ Nah. 

As I said before - I doubt we'll be hearing about the 1-0 game for the next couple of decades. I'd imagine you'll be hearing plenty about getting spanked 5-0 for decades to come. :)

If you had only beaten us 1-0 then Davies may not have been sacked, so it was worth it in the long run to get him out of the club :)

Archived