The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who gives a **** who they sign, they're still a joke....massive club **** off, 18000 last hone game give it a rest red knobs...

Its a good point. Forest just keep on spending like there's no tomorrow but it dunna seem to enthuse the fans enough to turn up. 

Maybe there's an old school type of fan who just can't bring themselves to support the comedy al-jazeera sheikhs...truth be told, if the boot was on the other foot, i think one or two of us would be the same.....

If Burnley beat QPR and us and forest both win then from second to fifth will be 5 points. With 4th and 5th still to play 2nd and 3rd. ( if reading won 6th place would be 8 points behind second with 2nd and third to play)

2nd place could wide open for either of us with points being dropped as we play each other.

QPR and Burnley games will be massive for both clubs. And the EM at Derby cpuld be the most significant in years

Hobbs has just shafted you.  This could potentially upset the dressing room, I will admit he is a good player however he not your best player.  I think Wilson and Laselles will be a bit erked.

Hobbs held out to the highest bidder and got a 4.5 year contract, you have to be in the Rooney / Van Persie level of proven ability to be handed a 4.5 year contract, not a player just coming back from a bad injury playing in a side with a very good defence.

You lot have put a large marker down this month, Billy has to deliver promotion no excuses.

If Burnley beat QPR and us and forest both win then from second to fifth will be 5 points. With 4th and 5th still to play 2nd and 3rd. ( if reading won 6th place would be 8 points behind second with 2nd and third to play)

2nd place could wide open for either of us with points being dropped as we play each other.

QPR and Burnley games will be massive for both clubs. And the EM at Derby cpuld be the most significant in years

What????

Leicester are home and hosed by the looks of it, QPR should have the tools to ease away and get second but I wouldn't say its absolutely tied on yet.

Burnley I would guess will fall away to the bottom of the play-offs (although I've been saying that for weeks), florist now ought to be able to pull clear and have an outside chance of challenging for 2nd.

The team I'm not 100% sure about is us - can we generate a push for the last 18 games to challenge for auto? We'll have a better clue by the time QPR leave town a week on Monday. We'd have to blow up completely to not make the top 6.

Reading will take some stopping for top 6, but someone will have a run and challenge them.

The question is what happens to the side that don't go up.

Us and Burnley would just dust ourselves down and go again. QPR and florist would be staring down the barrel of FFP, and it'll be interesting to see if it has teeth.

Leicester are home and hosed by the looks of it, QPR should have the tools to ease away and get second but I wouldn't say its absolutely tied on yet.

Burnley I would guess will fall away to the bottom of the play-offs (although I've been saying that for weeks), florist now ought to be able to pull clear and have an outside chance of challenging for 2nd.

The team I'm not 100% sure about is us - can we generate a push for the last 18 games to challenge for auto? We'll have a better clue by the time QPR leave town a week on Monday. We'd have to blow up completely to not make the top 6.

Reading will take some stopping for top 6, but someone will have a run and challenge them.

The question is what happens to the side that don't go up.

Us and Burnley would just dust ourselves down and go again. QPR and florist would be staring down the barrel of FFP, and it'll be interesting to see if it has teeth.

QPR will still be in receipt of parachute payments next year, which I assume would count as 'football generated income', so they should be ok. Forest on the other hand.......but then, depends on how serious they are with FFP. Personally I think it's a lot of talk that won't be backed up.

Like Davenport says, they'll be fine for a bit longer anyway. They could invest heavily again in the summer, put them on 1 year contracts and massive promotion bonuses and get a transfer ban for January but they'd still be powerful.

The only person that needs to worry at Forest right now is Billy. The owners seem to have placed their bets. If promotion doesn't happen soon then they'll have to make big changes to the squad.

Is that about right Dav?

Tbh I can't really blame them for gambling. I blame football that the PL is so rewarding it encourages teams to chuck money about they can't afford because they know promotion fixes everything. Hard to feel sorry for the ones that end up down **** creek though. Respect to teams that gamble. But if the gamble backfires then fook 'em. They won't feel sorry for anyone if it had payed off.

As for Burnley, they remain hard to beat but they're living off that early run. The draws and occasional win are keeping them ticking but with a long way still to go I think they'll finish 5th or 6th. They're resilient and unbeaten at home.

Derby to win plenty and lose a few

Forest to win a few and hardly lose at all.

Burnley to win a few and lose a few.

Reading to have good and bad mini runs.

Brighton and Ipswich to keep pushing Reading.

Like Davenport says, they'll be fine for a bit longer anyway. They could invest heavily again in the summer, put them on 1 year contracts and massive promotion bonuses and get a transfer ban for January but they'd still be powerful.

The only person that needs to worry at Forest right now is Billy. The owners seem to have placed their bets. If promotion doesn't happen soon then they'll have to make big changes to the squad.

Is that about right Dav?

Tbh I can't really blame them for gambling. I blame football that the PL is so rewarding it encourages teams to chuck money about they can't afford because they know promotion fixes everything. Hard to feel sorry for the ones that end up down **** creek though. Respect to teams that gamble. But if the gamble backfires then fook 'em. They won't feel sorry for anyone if it had payed off.

I think your about right. If they are hit with embargo it is in place until they prove they are compliant.

in timeline if not promoted this season

Spend big in Summer have massive wage bill

Get hit by embargo in January - buy noone keep running big wage bill

then if promoted get big fine

If not promoted embargo stays for summer - no sigings have to try again with same players and not be able to sign replacements for poor performers or old aged players

May start to try and cut costs to become compliant again.

I think your about right. If they are hit with embargo it is in place until they prove they are compliant.

in timeline if not promoted this season

Spend big in Summer have massive wage bill

Get hit by embargo in January - buy noone keep running big wage bill

then if promoted get big fine

If not promoted embargo stays for summer - no sigings have to try again with same players and not be able to sign replacements for poor performers or old aged players

May start to try and cut costs to become compliant again.

There's no way Bag face would hang around for that.

Archived