The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also find it strange on Pearce's part: surely you'd want to get in there and involved as early as possible to assess what you'd got and push for sneaking into the play-offs this season while trying to build relationships with players and instil some level of confidence. instead it looks as though he'll arrive there in the summer and inherit a team well and truly on the decline bereft of any confidence.

I don't find it strange at all.  If he started straight away they'd have around 10 games to see how useless he was and get rid in the summer before he makes things too much worse.

By starting next season they'll be more likely to give him more time to "turn things around" and "put his stamp on the club" etc. etc.  He's just doing the sensible thing and trying to delay his inevitable failure and keep his tenure as long as possible.

See, he's still a Ram at heart.

I think he must genuinely have a personal situation of some kind that precludes him from taking over this season.

I reckon he'd have had 10 games pretty much for free where if it went wrong he could still blame Billy, and if got them in the poffs he could claim the credit.

I think he must genuinely have a personal situation of some kind that precludes him from taking over this season.

I reckon he'd have had 10 games pretty much for free where if it went wrong he could still blame Billy, and if got them in the poffs he could claim the credit.

It took Jewell almost a year to get a victory following on from Davies - and he had a better track-record as a manager than Pearce.

And he said in an interview that he didn't want to take in November he wanted to wait until the following Summer

Actually he said he didn't want to start spending money in the Jan transfer window, I think he was happy to take the reigns then, he just saw it as a job of planning for next season rather than throwing good money after bad.

He was certainly right about that!

What are the odds on them finishing with fewer points next season than they've managed this......?

Well, the Florists on LTLF reckon they need about 12 new players, so at around £2m a pop in transfer fees and wages my guess based upon that would be a healthy £500k a point. That adds up to 48 points and just avoiding relegation.

Fridge prices will have to go up again.

I don't know about anyone else but I am still quite bemuddled by the Gump's strange decision to effectively write this season off and look to next season already.

If I was a season ticket holder there I'd be pretty p1$$ed off to see the white flag hoisted while they could have still have something to play for.

I also find it strange on Pearce's part: surely you'd want to get in there and involved as early as possible to assess what you'd got and push for sneaking into the play-offs this season while trying to build relationships with players and instil some level of confidence. instead it looks as though he'll arrive there in the summer and inherit a team well and truly on the decline bereft of any confidence.

Weird way to run Fridge's toy a football club.

I don't believe the club or players have written off this season but your right tho concerning some fans.

Some on ltlf have given up and said concentrate on next year before this weekends games.

Very strange.

"Derby are happy to settle for midtable mediocrity"

Used to hear that a lot.

Anyway, good luck planning for next season. Buy another striker. Buy about 5 more and then they'll get to 20 goals between them.

Took it an hour ago, whether he feels like it or not, he's still a cnut...

He might as well wear a shirt with "Fridgy Out, I hate Pearce" on it.

could do with Forest getting something today to help us out, can't see it though.

I don't want that shower to even get a cup of tea at half time (I know - that's Docherty-talk). I would be happy for QPR to smash them 5 or 6 nil.

Archived