The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not on for long, but I just wanted to say.. Neil Warnock as manager, wow.

If true, brilliant. I watched a lot of Leeds under Warnock, also know three season ticket holders at elland road. All admit it was pretty bad, verging on woeful.

However, one of them did say, his BRAND of football and the way they played under him was the worst he has ever seen.

Gritty 1-0 wins, just dogged spirit.. Nothing but percentage football.

In fact, I think Warnock makes Billy look like top class manager. Sacking Billy for Warnock would cap this weekend off, I hope it's true, i really do!

There is next to no chance we are going to make the play-offs under Davies.

Warnock may be able to have an impact in the short run, instill some confidence and motivate the players. I would be appalled if he is appointed in the long run but as a short term appointment I do not think we have anything to lose by bringing him in.

There is next to no chance we are going to make the play-offs under Davies.

Warnock may be able to have an impact in the short run, instill some confidence and motivate the players. I would be appalled if he is appointed in the long run but as a short term appointment I do not think we have anything to lose by bringing him in.

Micky mouse wears a forest watch....Warnock hahahaha let the comedy continue, your fkn **** and getting shitter and shitter, I love it

Good morning my sheep shagging friends :)

What a beautiful morning I've woken up to. The sun is shinning, the birds are signing and King Billy davies is no more.

Yesterday morning I woke up crying and depressed but this morning I've woken up with a right bone on.

RIP King Billy Davies your business is finished.

What a beautiful morning I've woken up to. The sun is shinning, the birds are signing and King Billy davies is no more.

Yesterday morning I woke up crying and depressed but this morning I've woken up with a right bone on.

Top of the morning to your wooden-topped self  :)

Is that confirmed, I seen something on Twitter but not actual confirmation, if true I'm pleased ya week is starting better than last weeks ended...

I found this:

"Nottingham Forest are expected to confirm on Monday morning that Billy Davies has been sacked after 13 months at the City Ground. It will be the second time the combustible Scot has been fired by Forest in three years having been dismissed in 2011 after successive play-off failures.

Davies only signed a four-year contract extension in October and looked set to take Forest back into the top flight as recently as six weeks ago as they homed in on the automatic promotion places after a 13-match unbeaten run. However, they then lost to League One Sheffield United in the FA Cup and have since taken three points from 21 to slip out of the play-off places.

Fawaz Al Hasawi, the Kuwaiti owner, is understood to have lost patience with a man of whom he said in October, "I look forward with great excitement to working alongside him for many years to come as we aim to bring success back to this magnificent club."

The Al Hasawis.are now looking for their fifth manager in less than two years with Neil Warnock, who led neighbours Notts County to successive promotions at the beginning of his long career, a candidate. According to a tweet from his TalkSPORT colleague and ex-Forest player Stan Collymore Warnock is unavailable for his regular Monday slot on the Alan Brazil Breakfast Show.

Warnock, who has won a record-equalling seven promotions, would be a short-term appointment with a simple brief: get the club up. His last promotion was with QPR in 2011 but he subsequently had a less happy spell with Leeds United. Forest have to go to both clubs in the run-in.

Davies' fate was sealed by a 5-0 drubbing by geographical and promotion rivals Derby County at the weekend. Even with a lengthy injury-list this capitulation, after a pre-season £9m investment, was seen as the final straw."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/nottingham-forest-to-fire-billy-davies-after-50-drubbing-by-derby-county-9211199.html

Archived