The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not get carried away lads, Greening is not on 30k a week.

Has he gone yet? I was on the fence and said end of the seasn but there's no coming back after that. If he had any class he'd walk now.

Obviously that isn't going to happen.

The parasite is waiting for the sack and his pay off...... how's bastion?

Its ok thanks Frogg, moved recently so im no longer in a 4 man tent and I have my own swanky digs.. Pretty chuffed with that, about half way through my tour now too.

Might have yelled at some slow drivers earlier though. Speed limits here are a little silly. Not sure what bought that on.

Its ok thanks Frogg, moved recently so im no longer in a 4 man tent and I have my own swanky digs.. Pretty chuffed with that, about half way through my tour now too.

Might have yelled at some slow drivers earlier though. Speed limits here are a little silly. Not sure what bought that on.

Can't be driving round at 50 can you?

Let's not get too carried away...You beat comfortably our "B" team

And we were without Hughes (FL Young Player of The Year), Eustace (our most experienced midfielder), Dawkins (arguably our our most threatening forward) and Ward (our best player over the last three games) after 30 mins. Not to mention long term absentees Barker, Coutts & O'Brien... What's your point again???

Lets not get carried away lads, Greening is not on 30k a week.

Has he gone yet? I was on the fence and said end of the seasn but there's no coming back after that. If he had any class he'd walk now.

Obviously that isn't going to happen.

Shhhhh don't tell Trevor, he thinks he's on 40k a week.  :blink:

And we were without Hughes (FL Young Player of The Year), Eustace (our most experienced midfielder), Dawkins (arguably our our most threatening forward) and Ward (our best player over the last three games) after 30 mins. Not to mention long term absentees Barker, Coutts & O'Brien... What's your point again???

Don't forget we've also recently lost Connor Doyle and Saul Deeney

You missed James O'Connor  :rolleyes:

Best post I have ever read by a Forest fan…..

"I think a manager's importance is under-stated, especially at times like these when the side is under pressure. But I don't think it's the qualities that are necessarily valued (from the outside looking in) that are most important; tactical nous, recruitment, etc. Managers tend to imprint their personality on a side, their footballing personality. I think you see a lot of evidence of this at Forest, where Davies's sides constantly play with the underdog's spirit; niggly, trying to fight from a corner even when they're winning, pushing for time, acting as if the world and the game is against them. And, like today, giving up rather than going for one last shot as soon as they feel the game is up.

Managers can be made to look good or bad by the structure. But they can also put themselves under pressure by their actions off the pitch. Davies has made a rod for his own back by making enemies with everybody he has ever come into contact with. If he was an all-round nice bloke who was simply struggling under the weight of an injury crisis, he would command a lot more love and respect from the Forest faithful than he is currently doing. And some people would be looking at the infrastructure at the club and asking whether it is really maximising our ability to be successful. BUT, and this is the crucial factor when considering Davies, and a tenure which is drawing ever more inevitably to its close, what we are seeing here under Davies is history repeating itself.

In my opinion, Davies has already left the club in his mind - his actions, his me-against-the-world attitude, his treatment of the fans and media suggest that he is readying himself for the bullet - it is just a matter of when. You'll observe this phenomena in real-life where people leave a relationship as coldly as if it was nothing, they went through the motions in their head weeks and months before. How would he know this? Well, he's made an enemy out of almost everybody above him in football. This is just Billy Davies, A History in Microcosm."

Best post I have ever read by a Forest fan…..

"I think a manager's importance is under-stated, especially at times like these when the side is under pressure. But I don't think it's the qualities that are necessarily valued (from the outside looking in) that are most important; tactical nous, recruitment, etc. Managers tend to imprint their personality on a side, their footballing personality. I think you see a lot of evidence of this at Forest, where Davies's sides constantly play with the underdog's spirit; niggly, trying to fight from a corner even when they're winning, pushing for time, acting as if the world and the game is against them. And, like today, giving up rather than going for one last shot as soon as they feel the game is up.

Managers can be made to look good or bad by the structure. But they can also put themselves under pressure by their actions off the pitch. Davies has made a rod for his own back by making enemies with everybody he has ever come into contact with. If he was an all-round nice bloke who was simply struggling under the weight of an injury crisis, he would command a lot more love and respect from the Forest faithful than he is currently doing. And some people would be looking at the infrastructure at the club and asking whether it is really maximising our ability to be successful. BUT, and this is the crucial factor when considering Davies, and a tenure which is drawing ever more inevitably to its close, what we are seeing here under Davies is history repeating itself.

In my opinion, Davies has already left the club in his mind - his actions, his me-against-the-world attitude, his treatment of the fans and media suggest that he is readying himself for the bullet - it is just a matter of when. You'll observe this phenomena in real-life where people leave a relationship as coldly as if it was nothing, they went through the motions in their head weeks and months before. How would he know this? Well, he's made an enemy out of almost everybody above him in football. This is just Billy Davies, A History in Microcosm."

Sums him up , in a nutshell..

Your starting 11 today still cost 4 or 5 times as much as ours did  ;)

Two of your absent players, played.  Well done sir!!

Archived