The demise of Forest

ladyram

Genuine question, how many players have you had out this season for 2 months or longer.

Sometimes you get lucky with injuries and sometimes you do not. We have been unlucky but it shows what a strong squad we have that always been able to put out strong sides.

There have been times in the past when we have not been able to put a senior player on the bench or even have two centre backs on the pitch. Those are the times when you are really going to struggle with injuries.

Funny how you lot never applied the same logic when we had our devastating injury list a few years ago.

"THEO Robinson and Mark O'Brien could ease Derby County's injury crisis this weekend.

Rams manager Nigel Clough says both players have a chance of being fit for the Championship clash against Peterborough United at London Road tomorrow.

Their return would be a timely boost as depleted Derby battle a chronic injury list.

They had nine players unavailable for Wednesday's home defeat by Cardiff City and the number of injured players reached double figures when a damaged hamstring forced Russell Anderson to limp off in the first half"

We just got on with it without whinging or moaning and still managed to compete in the league.

Stop ya whining it's gettin boring, i'd be more worried about the antics of your inept manager.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuine question, how many players have you had out this season for 2 months or longer.

Sometimes you get lucky with injuries and sometimes you do not. We have been unlucky but it shows what a strong squad we have that always been able to put out strong sides.

There have been times in the past when we have not been able to put a senior player on the bench or even have two centre backs on the pitch. Those are the times when you are really going to struggle with injuries.

Haven't Wilson Collins and Cohen been your only long term injuries? We've had barker, O'Brien and Coutts as long term injuries, maybe even Russell and Hendrick could have been out for two months (someone can correct me if they want) Quite even to me, maybe slightly in out favour).

The rest of your injuries have been out for around a month max (to date). The rest of our injuries have lasted upto a month. Again relatively even.

Do you even have a point?

Well Barker and O'Brien were our first choice centre back pairing and they've both been out for the entire season. If we'd kept more clean sheets we'd be walking the league by now....

Do you think Barker will ever play again?

Had they been fit would Buxton, who you rave about, been in the team? Lascelles would have never got a chance as long as Wilson and Hobbs were fit and I am intrigued to see what happens when they are both fit again.

Haven't Wilson Collins and Cohen been your only long term injuries? We've had barker, O'Brien and Coutts as long term injuries, maybe even Russell and Hendrick could have been out for two months (someone can correct me if they want) Quite even to me, maybe slightly in out favour).

The rest of your injuries have been out for around a month max (to date). The rest of our injuries have lasted upto a month. Again relatively even.

Do you even have a point?

Blackstock, but he as completely out of favour anyway so he cannot really be counted as impacting on the team. Lansbury is a long term injury victim who is a big loss.

Vaughan is also out and is downright bizarre signing an injured player on loan! However, he may come back and help us through the play-offs.

Despite this we've still always been able to put out strong sides even though some of the players are a big miss and we'd be better off with them in the side.

Do you think Barker will ever play again?

Had they been fit would Buxton, who you rave about, been in the team? Lascelles would have never got a chance as long as Wilson and Hobbs were fit and I am intrigued to see what happens when they are both fit again.

I regret to say Barker will never play again IMO. Derby did the right thing by him and should be proud, but too long out and the nature of the injury just wont allow it.

Blackstock, but he as completely out of favour anyway so he cannot really be counted as impacting on the team. Lansbury is a long term injury victim who is a big loss.

Vaughan is also out and is downright bizarre signing an injured player on loan! However, he may come back and help us through the play-offs.

Despite this we've still always been able to put out strong sides even though some of the players are a big miss and we'd be better off with them in the side.

Yet hasn't Lansbury only missed a couple of games so far this season. Your question refered to the current season SO FAR. Dawkins has only missed a couple less. Can I include him to my list as well?

Instead of spending £2m on Simon Cox buy two good players.

It's like listening to Liverpool fans moaning about missing Gerrard.

You spent enough money!! Quality or quantity, you can't have both. Besides, you have players like Majewski on the bench? Do Birmingham?

Injuries. ffs. It's a squad game. And your fooker is big enough.

"Poor us, we've had to resort to playing our £1m summer signing"

Florest fans expect to be challenging for automatic promotion with their great Chairman and great manager. When it's not happening they need to blame it on something other than their great Chairman or great manager.

I think deep down they know Fawaz and Davies are clowns but they daren't admit it. What will another play off semi final defeat do to the club?

Nice to see the excuses are out nice and early by the gumps.

So the old injury one this week with a nice slice of the past.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring!

Easy 3 points for you today, you have only lost to Yeovil and Wigan away from home this season, especially as all your over rated and over paid players are injured all the ones that have some desire are being played.

I find it impossible to have any sympathy for a club that claims to have a terrible injury list, picks a full-back to start at centre forward and names six strikers on the bench.

Archived