Away tickets and seating

PrivateDerby

Hahaha, long day Eddie, you could have just asked me to shift over a seat or two ?

Bloody long day - I'm having a 5 minute break then another 4 hours or so of work to come (I'm in the middle of sorting out a bloody Visual Basic/Excel solution for someone who doesn't want it doing in a 'proper' programming language). I'd have probably done exactly what I said I wouldn't - kept my mouth shut and looked for another seat myself.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thinking about it there were some noobs occupying my seat at both huddersfield and barnsley.

In neither case was i next to the choir, but one was a back row seat.

I told them to shift and they shifted.

Tbh it was a good seat and i'd paid for it.....so fck off.

Someone was occupying 'my' seat at an FA cup game at PPS last year. I know that day it was unreserved seating, but even so, I half expected to be able to sit in my regular seat (me and the Memsahib are both STHs), especially as it's on the back row in the North Stand.

Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be my boss (a Coventry fan - we both work in Coventry, well he does, I work at home most of the time) who was with a couple of other (Derby) mates. 33,000 seats in the stadium and he just happened to be sitting in mine.

It wasn't even as if I was claiming overtime.

Good man Eddie. I've been toiling over my uni work these past weeks for hours upon end so i know how you feel.

At least that's what i tell my parents 

Yeah, sorry I was a bit tetchy.

The only time it bothers me is when you get people that quite clearly want to sit and they refuse to swop and move 1 row further down and let you stand behind them.

We had this at Coventry a few season back, 5 of us wanted to stand, 3 people behind us wanted to sit. So 3 of us offered to swap seats only to be told "No, I paid for this seat and want to sit here"

This was about 4 rows from the back and the miserable git had struggled his nads off to get up that far.

The only time it bothers me is when you get people that quite clearly want to sit and they refuse to swop and move 1 row further down and let you stand behind them.

We had this at Coventry a few season back, 5 of us wanted to stand, 3 people behind us wanted to sit. So 3 of us offered to swap seats only to be told "No, I paid for this seat and want to sit here"

This was about 4 rows from the back and the miserable git had struggled his nads off to get up that far.

He needed the rest, obviously. Too tired to move. Perfectly understandable, you young whippersnapper - he died in two world wars for you.

And so did I.

Use a bit of common sense I'd say. Someone was in my seat at QPR and because it was sold out and I was with several mates then those people had to move. The fact that we had to do the undignified thing and get a steward involved and that the excuse given was that "someone is in my seat" made the situation more heated. Whereas at places like Watford or Millwall where there's often plenty of space, then I wouldn't even bother looking for my seat, preferring to stand elsewhere.

Archived