so I treated myself to a new telly.

Mostyn6

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our tellys on the blink, as of this morning. I'm blaming Mostyn!

No telly till Dav has a look but me lad was gutted he couldn't put Scooby Doo on this morning.

It better be working for when I get in from work tonight cos Eastenders is on. Heads will roll otherwise.

In our set-up at the mo' we've got a separate PC my son got from work for 20 quid connected to the telly (used as an additional PC, playing DVD's and Blurays etc.); Virgin media Tivo box connected and I've set-up screen mirroring from my mobile to the telly.

Our telly has a freeview and freesat receiver built-in, Our aerial is kn@ckered so my next project is to put a quad output LNB on our old sky dish, which one of my sons has connected to a freesat box in his room, so I can also connect it to our telly and get the freesat channels too.

So I finally had the time to try and configure my TV and DVD, Hi-fi etc and stumbled across a few issues.

Firstly, I couldn't connect my TV to the AUX on either my surround sound DVD player, nor my Hi-fi. Meaning I now need to invest in a soundbar to get quality sound.

Secondly, I connected my DVD player, which was pretty impressive and expensive back in 2003. Costing me about 800! The only problem is that all DVDs played in Black and White picture, I tried different scart leads and different settings but nothing.

Combined, these two issues consign my DVD player to the 'no longer needed' transfer list! It's still a quality bit of kit too.

So, Sony have achieved what they set out to do. I am now in the process of contemplating a sound-bar or Blu-ray with surround sound, or even a PS3.  I just don't knoW!

New TV fcuked then, shouldn't matter how old the DVD player is, shouldn't be playing in black and white

i concur.

I bought a samsumg soundbar for my smart tv. The audio link cable they send don't work, and it's the same for everyone. They told me to buy another audio cable to check it wasn't faulty! I googled it, and nobodies works. I had to use an optic cable.

I'm surprised to can't get from your tele to your surround? What plugs you got on both items?

In our set-up at the mo' we've got a separate PC my son got from work for 20 quid connected to the telly (used as an additional PC, playing DVD's and Blurays etc.); Virgin media Tivo box connected and I've set-up screen mirroring from my mobile to the telly.

Our telly has a freeview and freesat receiver built-in, Our aerial is kn@ckered so my next project is to put a quad output LNB on our old sky dish, which one of my sons has connected to a freesat box in his room, so I can also connect it to our telly and get the freesat channels too.

Don't you go falling off the roof mate!

Glad I live in a bungalow!! ;)

Archived