so I treated myself to a new telly.

Mostyn6

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/sony-bravia-kdl42w653-smart-42-led-tv-21321309-pdt.html

Bought this last night... didn't know what the feck I was doing when trying to set it up!

I now though want to go home and watch TV! lol

Not sure where to find accessories, or even find out if they exist.

I can always rely on you guys to help a brother out.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try Googling your model number and "accessories" or look on Sony's website. When you see the accessories you want, search for them on Ebay or Amazon.

That's what we did with our new telly a few months ago, saved a packet on a magic remote and 3d glasses.

Try Googling your model number and "accessories" or look on Sony's website. When you see the accessories you want, search for them on Ebay or Amazon.

That's what we did with our new telly a few months ago, saved a packet on a magic remote and 3d glasses.

I did, and got 20 pages of where I can buy the telly, in some cases slightly cheaper! Grrrr.

I did, and got 20 pages of where I can buy the telly, in some cases slightly cheaper! Grrrr.

Haha,

We found ours about £100 quid cheaper the week after we got it.  :(

What sort of accessories are you after, Mostyn?

I noticed at the bottom of the page in the link you posted there are some accessories (cables, stand, soundbar).

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd-blu-ray/televisions/large-screen-tvs-32-and-over/sony-bravia-kdl42w653-smart-42-led-tv-21321309-pdt.html

Bought this last night... didn't know what the feck I was doing when trying to set it up!

I now though want to go home and watch TV! lol

Not sure where to find accessories, or even find out if they exist.

I can always rely on you guys to help a brother out.

Have the exact same one, but yours is 10" bigger than mine...ooo err!

Good tv, only problem I have is it keeps asking to refresh the internet connection when using the apps. Been loads of software updates out this past month, hopefully trying to fix if.

Have the exact same one, but yours is 10" bigger than mine...ooo err!

Good tv, only problem I have is it keeps asking to refresh the internet connection when using the apps. Been loads of software updates out this past month, hopefully trying to fix if.

what apps do you use on it? I haven't a clue how to maximise use of it!

iPlayer and YouTube mainly, iPlayer can be a bit crash happy but it remembers where you was so no big deal.

If you have a iPhone you can link the YouTube app so you can use your phone to choose a video and watch it on TV, might be able to with other phones as well not sure.

If I watch X Factor on mine and you watch X Factor on yours then your telly is more ****.

it's just dawned on me that the reason I'm staying single is cos i don't want to watch ***** TV of a Saturday evening. It wasn't long ago that I was "allowed" to play Football manager on my laptop, simply cos the (then) missus wanted to watch x-factor at the same time!

it's just dawned on me that the reason I'm staying single is cos i don't want to watch ***** TV of a Saturday evening. It wasn't long ago that I was "allowed" to play Football manager on my laptop, simply cos the (then) missus wanted to watch x-factor at the same time!

Heh, I know that story well.

No XFactor = should be spending time together

XFactor = you've got 1 hour where you can do whatever you want quietly

I was so close to buying that exact tv on Tuesday. Ended up with a non smart Samsung telly. I just do not need a smart tv.

just have a play around with it, you will find it easier than you think.

for the price difference, I think the 'smart' element is well worth it.

Archived