were things gone wrong

B4ev6is

We are sitting back off teams giving them time on the ball and not pressing up the pitch we need get to doing that and keeping the ball and playing them on the deck and use our pace on the ball i would like to see us give huges a rest and jeff as well and give bryson and bailey a go. And with eutice as well and maybe give bennet a starting role with martin. Because we have been fold out we need some fresh legs.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're in the position we're in because the same 12 or so lads have played in an unsettled side.

Now we're a bit slow, lack concentration and we look a bit pedestrian.

Had we rested players the performances might not have dipped.

But the highs might not have been so high.

Our game is a fast tempo, high energy game. That's what McClaren wants. You can't keep that up with 12 or so players over 46 games.

It will come back. Ride the blip

I just think we need rest one or two players now and try get back to winning way.

Agreed. We perhaps had an opportunity to rest players over the games v Huddersfield, Doncaster and Barnsley. You know, 2 in 2 out. Minimal changes.

But we didnt because we wanted to make sure we kept a winning formula

don't panic, we've only had ONE really bad game. Which was the result of the Manager of the month curse, combined with SkyTV combined with Leicester away. Add to that a handful of players carrying small niggles and/or returning from injury.

When we have 5 bad games on the spin, then panic. Before anyone says we've been poor for a while, I will tell you now that you're talking ******. We may not have been exceptional in recent weeks, but we haven't been poor, every performance is still an improvement on 90% of the last 4-5 years.

Noooooooooooooo don't let Eustace near the grass..

Hmmm  i dont think you've been paying attention, some think he is the old cog which the young machine flows from.... he may not be Beckenbauer, but for the money we spend he does the job, and Hendrick struggled to fill his boots last night. sadly

I agree that 'key' players need resting especially as we expect our front 6 to cover so much ground to play the way we do. Although to do that we need players of similar quality, which unfortunately at the moment we don't have. Coutts is coming back, and this could be at a key time as well, with the dip in form of Hughes.

I think most people will agree that Hughes does need resting, but who do you bring in?

Eustace apparently isn't capable of completing 90 minutes especially when we're playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday, and as we found out Hendrick is no defensive midfielder yesterday, so a new defensive midfielder remains quite a high priority either in January or in the summer. Can Bailey play this role?

----------------------------------Eustace (New)----------------------

-------------Hughes (Hendrick)------Bryson (Coutts)------------------

---Ward (Bennett)-----Martin (Bamford)------Dawkins (Russell)----

For me if we take Hughes out of the team we lost that player who can create something, so maybe in the summer we could maybe look at a player to have that bit of quality when we come up against better opposition.

Hmmm  i dont think you've been paying attention, some think he is the old cog which the young machine flows from.... he may not be Buckenbauer, but for the money we spend he does the job, and Hendrick struggled to fill his boots last night. sadly

Changed it for you.

We are sitting back off teams giving them time on the ball and not pressing up the pitch we need get to doing that and keeping the ball and playing them on the deck and use our pace on the ball i would like to see us give huges a rest and jeff as well and give bryson and bailey a go. And with eutice as well and maybe give bennet a starting role with martin. Because we have been fold out we need some fresh legs.

You had us winning the League the other week .

Hmmm  i dont think you've been paying attention, some think he is the old cog which the young machine flows from.... he may not be Beckenbauer, but for the money we spend he does the job, and Hendrick struggled to fill his boots last night. sadly

Fella I have been paying attention and this myth that is Eustace is people clutching at straws.

Archived