Christmas

ladyram

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So bored of sitting in the lounge nursing a hangover that I've offered to cook this year to keep mesen busy.

Going down the park at half two for a kickabout then probably some sh*te board game and TV for a few hours. It's all about Boxing Day for me.

I love it all. Won't be able to relax until about tea time on Christmas Eve, daughters at hospital Christmas Eve morning and then I'm at work in the aft. Really looking forward to having my kids all together Christmas Day, even if I'm in the kitchen for most of it. Love it.

I'm as happy as a pig in mud :)

What changed?

Always used to be a big family event at my grandparents house. Since my gran died and my brothers got married, it just hasn't been the same. It was always the same until I was 18. Yeah, it is still an enjoyable day, but the last 6 or so years just not what it was. I guess I am the point where I want someone to share the occasion with as all it seems to do is emphasise the things I don't have.

Plans - carol singing christmas eve, up early to make the fire, church, veg, turkey, queens speech

Family - surrounding myself with love

Food - a fine feast

Drink - only the best

Pressies - who needs presents when we've got eachother 

Cost - love is all I need, christmas is about christ not material goods 

Moans and groans - you're all more than welcome to join me, more the merrier

I'm with you, it's ****.

Plans - None

Family - None

Food - Microwave meal

Drink - Lots

Pressies - None

Cost - Tenner for a crate

Moans and groans - It's ******

How come you're not talking to the family either......

Always used to be a big family event at my grandparents house. Since my gran died and my brothers got married, it just hasn't been the same. It was always the same until I was 18. Yeah, it is still an enjoyable day, but the last 6 or so years just not what it was. I guess I am the point where I want someone to share the occasion with as all it seems to do is emphasise the things I don't have.

Why don't you arrange something with your brothers? A mass get together? Should be a blast :)

Archived