lets go and invade grounds

B4ev6is

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good shout on Sheff Utd and Lincoln - really big away crowds, Bolton was a good turn out too as i remember. Newport the previous season was my first away match, a bit scared at that one - back of the stand ripped off and people climbing in from the street and only one toilet. Newport was not really set up for clubs like ours.

Brilliant, what a day to make your away debut!! Surprised you ever went again. I hadn't been to huge amount of away games prior to Shrewsbury the year before, I started thinking that it was tradition that the ground got wrecked on last away game of season...

Brilliant, what a day to make your away debut!! Surprised you ever went again. I hadn't been to huge amount of away games prior to Shrewsbury the year before, I started thinking that it was tradition that the ground got wrecked on last away game of season...

Some of the grounds were so bad that if the ground was completely levelled, it would have constituted 'renovation'. Swansea in 1986 (won 3-0) was a case in point. Much of the Vetch was condemned - including the stand the Rams fans were standing below.

I was scared but excited at the same time, first time i'd ever been frisked as well. Three one with a Christie thunderbolt penalty i think

ay up networker. Not seen you for a while. Are you going on sunday? How's Derby treating you?

Aye, I can't really explain what happened. Suppose I moved away, started uni, and then when I got settled in, our manager of five years got sacked. So a lot changed in a small period of time, I suppose I just got slightly confused and struggled to connect with the club a wee bit with all the changes going on. It also made the forum a little less controversial and opinionated, everybody seems happy and it's difficult to add too, haha. On top of all that there have only been 4 home games since I started uni in September. And I don't get to go to away games anymore because I'm livings away from me dad. Which answers the question of Wigan, which me dads pretty gutted we aren't going to. But having said all that, I've not really been away from the forum, I come on every day, adding the odd post when I can. But unless you give it more time it's difficult to contribute cause the forum seems busier than it used to be. So by the time I comment on a topic, there are already 3 pages of comments and I don't have time to read through them all because life's seems generally a lot busier. Though I do really miss it on here. Think it's time to show my face a little more often. ;)

On the matter of Derby though, I do love it here. The city centre, birds the confectioners (wow), the pubs. Yeah, I feel quite at home!

so you have Dr. Emmot "doc" Brown.

Phonetic faux-pas...

"One point twennyone Jiggerwatts"

"What's a gigawatt?"

If Marty hadn't known what a gigawatt was, how did he know that the Doc had mispronounced it in the first place? Eh? Eh? Get out of that, Mr Zemeckis.

On the matter of Derby though, I do love it here. The city centre, birds the confectioners (wow), the pubs. Yeah, I feel quite at home!

Shouldn't there be a comma between 'birds' and 'the confectioners' , haha..

Nice to hear you're settling in mate .. :D

Archived