Best 3 players

Alph

First 3 players you'd buy. Not necessarily the 3 players you think are the best individuals in the world but the 3 you'd want . For example I think Ronaldo is better than Iniesta in a match up but I'd rather have Iniesta because he offers more. Without Iniesta's there'd be no Ronaldo's

Geddit?

1) Messi

2) Iniesta

3) De Rossi

Who'd you build your team around?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi

Iniesta

Pirlo

Ronaldo isn't better than Messi. He's second to him, no doubt, but I'd rather have Iniesta than Ronaldo. And as for Pirlo? He'd be great behind those other two, the calm head in front of the back line, the great beard in the dressing room.

Just out of interest, those who believe Ronaldo is better than Messi what is it about him that makes you think that? 

Messi is injured and Ronaldo over the past 5 weeks has scored an unbelievable amount of goals..

Ronaldo is currently the best player in the world.. There is no doubt. In October-November he's been phenomenal.

But from January-October Ronaldo has been average by his standards and has won 0 trophies and I wouldn't have put him in the top 5 players in the world over that period.. Messi on the other hand has won 2 in the League title and SuperCopa and Ribery has won the Bundesliga, German Cup and CL aswell as the European Supercup..

People have such short memories and are baying for Ronaldo to win the Ballon d'Or based on his October/November form and ignoring the rest of the year... It's sad that football in general has become so short sighted.

Messi is injured and Ronaldo over the past 5 weeks has scored an unbelievable amount of goals..

Ronaldo is currently the best player in the world.. There is no doubt. In October-November he's been phenomenal.

But from January-October Ronaldo has been average by his standards and has won 0 trophies and I wouldn't have put him in the top 5 players in the world over that period.. Messi on the other hand has won 2 in the League title and SuperCopa and Ribery has won the Bundesliga, German Cup and CL aswell as the European Supercup..

People have such short memories and are baying for Ronaldo to win the Ballon d'Or based on his October/November form and ignoring the rest of the year... It's sad that football in general has become so short sighted.

Hasnt Ronaldo scored something like 60 odd goals this calendar year?

But it's really pissing me off people saying Ronaldo is better than Messi.

He isnt, never has been, never will be. 

Hasnt Ronaldo scored something like 60 odd goals this calendar year?

But it's really pissing me off people saying Ronaldo is better than Messi.

He isnt, never has been, never will be. 

This calender year he has apparently scored more goals than Messi and Ribery put together..

But that doesn't take into account the effect on games in which other players have.. Ribery defensively helped Bayern out much more than Ronaldo does for Real Madrid.. Just because one has scored alot of goals it doesn't mean anything if they have nothing to show for it.. Scoring lots of goals against lower league oppostion and failing to show up for the big games isn't the sign of the best player in the world.

It's seriously unfair what people are saying though.. For example Ronaldo has scored 4 hattricks this season alone.. But who were they against? Northern Ireland, a woeful Galatasary who are in the bottom half of their domestic league, a Sweden side who had to play with only 2 defenders and a competely out of sorts Real Sociedad..

I mean, Ronaldo has zero impact on the big CL games and the big domestic games.. He doesn't control the big games like Ribery and Messi have done over the year..

In fact in La Liga take away the penalties and Diego Costa and Ronaldo have scored the same.. Where is the love in for Diego Costa? Atletico beat Real Madrid in September with Diego Costa scoring.. Ronaldo? Nowehere to be seen.

Archived