Best 3 players

Alph

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

De Rossi is my favourite DM. More mobile than Pirlo. His range of passing probably isn't as good but he's not wasteful. Like Busquets he keeps it incredibly simple and just makes good decisions.

The best thing is he slots in and out as an extra CB quite easily. He's really good at that. He doesn't drop in and mess the line up either and he's not a bad defender.

Don't like Busquets but he's really clever. He's pretty much faultless on the ball and he's so good at breaking tempo and stuff. Albeit he's dirty. Gets it done though.

Best in the world?

schweinstiger 

alonso

de rossi

javi martinez

yaya toure

khedira

a.vidal

pirlo

Busquets is better than all of them.. Perhaps he hasn't got the range of Alonso's passing, nor the trickery of Schweinsteiger, nor the athleticism of Yaya Toure or the dogedness of De Rossi but as an all rounder he's the best.. He's the best at breaking up possession, the best at keeping the ball, the best at shielding the ball and the best at setting the tempo..

He's so so underrated and Spain and Barca need him badly..

He's that good that even the Spanish players at Real Madrid have labelled him as the key and the one player they'd definitely have in their side.

Schweinstiger - one of the best players ever IMO, had the privilege to see him at wembley for the champions league final.

Ronaldo - also had the privilege to see him live and the most complete forwards of our generation

Buxton - I daren't not choose him, I like my life and I'd prefer to wake up tomorrow. Also I shoot man juice for him.

Messi

Iniesta

Pirlo

Ronaldo isn't better than Messi. He's second to him, no doubt, but I'd rather have Iniesta than Ronaldo. And as for Pirlo? He'd be great behind those other two, the calm head in front of the back line, the great beard in the dressing room.

How many goals does Messi score with his right foot, how many headers does he score.

Ronaldo two footed ,heads like a centre forward, has pace to burn, he is miles better than Messi, Ronaldo makes his own goals Messi has most of his put on a plate for him.

Ronaldo number one any day.

How many goals does Messi score with his right foot, how many headers does he score.

Ronaldo two footed ,heads like a centre forward, has pace to burn, he is miles better than Messi, Ronaldo makes his own goals Messi has most of his put on a plate for him.

Ronaldo number one any day.

Messi has scored many with his right foot.. He's scored a few with his head too including the CL final where he completely outshone Ronaldo..

Messi is better than Ronaldo in every aspect other than 40 yard shots and heading.. There is a reason Messi is compared only with Pele and Maradona whilst Ronaldo isn't even talked about in the same breath as them.

Messi has an equal goals to game ratio as Ronaldo does yet Messi started when he was 17 whilst Ronaldo joined Real Madrid in his prime.. Goes to show which ones prime clearly eclipsed the other.. Messi also has won treble the amount of titles as Ronaldo as well as the last 4 Ballon d'Ors on the trot..

Clearly only one winner Smiffy

Ronaldo scored in this country, much harder to do.

Messi has a poor international record, playing in a better team than Ronaldo.

Messi plays in a better team with Barcelona.

The header you are on about is the only one I have seen the one legged short arse score.

Its just opinions, I go for Ronnie.

PS

Switch sides, put Messi wide right, cutting in and shooting with his right foot, and put Ronaldo on the right doing the opposite, I know who would be the best, Ronnie, by far, that's why he is better, more versatile by far.

The header you are on about is the only one I have seen the one legged short arse score.

PS

Switch sides, put Messi wide right, cutting in and shooting with his right foot, and put Ronaldo on the left doing the opposite, I know who would be the best, Ronnie, by far, that's why he is better, more versatile by far.

More versatile? Ronnie can't play CM, Messi can..

Messi poor international record? He's scored more goals than games over the past 2 years which is far better than Ronaldo's record. Also the PL isn't the yard stick, if anything the CL is and Messi is the 2nd record goalscorer in that competiton.. He'll soon be top.

As for headers, he's scored plenty but then again I watch most Barca games whereas you probably don't (this isn't a dig)

I get it's opinions but I'm afraid your opinion is wrong Smiffy.. There is no possible debate to be had, Messi is better. Ronaldo is a wonderful footballer, if Messi wasn't around he'd be sitting with 4 Ballon d'Or titles now.. But saying Ronaldo is better than Messi is the same as saying Wenger is better than Fergie. There is no debate to be had, Messi is the best

Ronaldo doesn't do as much for Madrid as Messi does for Barca.

I don't see why Messi should have to play in the PL. Zlatan gets the same criticism. Ok so they've scored in El Classico's and Champions League and against England's teams but they haven't proven themselves until they've played against Ryan Shawcross?

Maldini and Nesta never left Milan until retirement (yes I know Nesta didnt actually retire but he basically finished at Milan). Played in possibly the slowest top league and for 'boring' Italy but I'd say they are both legendary defenders. The PL is just one of 4/5 most powerful leagues. With 5 strong European teams and 15 teams that are probably no stronger than their Italian, Spanish or German equivalent. Look at the likes of Athletico and Bilbao v United and Chelsea. Hardly a gulf in class.

If Messi is missing people say Barca aren't that good without him

If Messi is breaking records and even topping the goal and assists leagues they say its because he has the best team around him. What more can he do.

Peter Crouch has a good international scoring record doesn't he?

Lets just talk about the Spanish league then, seeing as Messi has played nowhere else, of the two who has the best goals per game average, I will give you a clue, it is not Messi.

but the variables make that a none point, for example , Messi wasn't going to being scoring more than a goal a game as a 16 year old was he?

PS

Switch sides, put Messi wide right, cutting in and shooting with his right foot, and put Ronaldo on the right doing the opposite, I know who would be the best, Ronnie, by far, that's why he is better, more versatile by far.

Scored in England means jack ****. Why is that any sort of yard stick? As if the standard is better or something?

Messi's got the same goals to game ratio at International level as Ronaldo has. 

He's about 3 foot, hardly his fault he's not prolific in the air. Ronaldo has got a huge physical advantage over him, something Messi cant do anything about, and he's still better than him. 

As pure footballers Messi is just far superior in every way, it's only Ronaldo's physical advantage that helps him catch up a bit.

Another thing that p*sses me off, Ronaldo's free kicks are so over rated. He takes every one for his side, and puts it into the wall or into the crowd so often. Just when one goes in, it looks stunning and gets remembered. 

Messi is a one footed small in stature footballer, who has only played for ONE team, what p*sses me off is people that think the Sun shines out of his a rse :p:).

Ronaldo can do everything, Messi can not, so Ronaldo is the better all round player , its not his fault he is 6'1"

Messi is a one footed small in stature footballer, who has only played for ONE team, what p*sses me off is people that think the Sun shines out of his a rse :p:).

Ronaldo can do everything, Messi can not, so Ronaldo is the better all round player , its not his fault he is 6'1"

Completely agree

Messi is a playmaker too. Ronaldo doesn't really drop in and graft does he.

I agree people are up Messi's arse sometimes. Sometimes he'll score a tap in or make a 10 yard pass and it's 'sublime'. And Ronaldo is the baddie and Messi the hero.

But Messi is involved in lots of build up. Lots of creativity. They can both beat numerous opponents despite the fact that every defender in the world knows what to expect.

Internationally they both go through very different qualification.

How many Brits prove themselves in other leagues. Look at Lahm at Bayern. Plays in an easy league in comparison. But who'd argue he's not one of the best versatile defenders of his generation.

Why would Messi leave Barca? To play against Fulham? Where would he go? Why would he go? He plays the best teams in the world. I doubt playing against Robert Huth would be tougher than Pepe, Hummels, Nesta, Ferdinand, Vidic etc

Archived